PDA

View Full Version : I'm a stranger here myself...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Cayo Chica
Thu, Aug-24-06, 22:07
I can use all the help I can gather from those who have traveled this road before me! I'm a major bread/carbo addict, but gave it all up about a week ago with very little anguish. Hope I'm headed in the right direction. I'll appreciate your input and suggestions.

Cayo Chica

nikeb00
Thu, Aug-24-06, 22:18
Welcome and good luck!!!!!!!!!

Cayo Chica
Thu, Aug-24-06, 22:22
Thank you. Any advice? Your stats are enviable.

nikeb00
Thu, Aug-24-06, 22:28
Thanks!! Stay honest to this WOL (way of life), and excersice. thats all you can do and the weight falls off!

ChaseZ
Fri, Aug-25-06, 07:20
Welcome! I'm new myself but wanted to say hello!

tracyj
Fri, Aug-25-06, 15:37
Hello Chazez and Cayo Chica! Welcome!

SunnyCarol
Sat, Aug-26-06, 08:57
I'm a major bread/carbo addict, but gave it all up about a week ago with very little anguish. Hope I'm headed in the right direction. I'll appreciate your input and suggestions.

Cayo ChicaI don't usually give advice about which plan someone is on, but since you are a professed bread/carb addict, you might do better on Atkins. On South Beach, you are allowed to add back in whole grain bread & pasta, cereal, muffins, etc., after the first two weeks. I have the same addictions as you do and I know that 14 days is not long enough to break an addiction. I never liked sweets, sodas or junk food like chips, Doritos, pretzels, etc., but I loved my bread, pasta and potatoes. I know that if I were allowed to have any amount of any kind of bread after just 14 days, I would be lost to my sandwich addiction.

I used to live in Key West. I had been at goal weight for about five years until I moved there, but the Cuban bread and Cuban sandwiches put an end to that! YUM! I still think about the little Cuban sandwich shop at Mile Marker 1 at the Southern tip of Key West. Mmmmmmmmmmm Super Fritas! I worked at the Barnett Bank building (I think it's a Wachovia now) next door and ate my lunch from there nearly every day.

Sunny!