PDA

View Full Version : Overwieght and Injured

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Philip1228
Thu, Aug-24-06, 07:57
Hi all. I have been reffered to PP from my Physical Therapist to shed some wieght. I have two herniated disk L4 and L5-S1 and my surgeon is trying to avoid surgery, so he feels PT + proper wieght can do that. So here I am 285# trying to get to 200. My wife and I are both going to do the plan and see what happens. She has been "heavy" (her words) most of her life and would like to loose as well. I started at 310 pounds and did lean cuisine to get to 285, but my therapist says I will be better low-carb b/c the extra protien will help my healing process. Will post some present pics to compare later. Hope this works, thanks for reading.

joesfolks
Thu, Aug-24-06, 08:04
Phillip, Welcome to the forum. There are lost of folks here who will give you all of the support you need. Best wishes.

Mousesmom
Thu, Aug-24-06, 08:24
Welcome Phillip (and your wife too)!!! Glad you found us.

You are really lucky to have support at home and support of your PT. With all that support, you'll do great....

Take care, Julie