PDA

View Full Version : Aloha From Atkins Veteran - New to LC

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CooknCajun
Mon, Aug-21-06, 21:13
:wave: Aloha Y'all,

Cookn Cajun weighing in ;) !

I'm an off and on veteran of the Atkins for weight loss and CAD (Carbohydrate Addicts Diet) for maintenance.

My last venture with low carb diets was in the mid-90's (was introduced Atkins by a cardiologist). Lost 35 lbs and kept off for a few years. I was giving out used copies of the 1970's editions of Atkins (found at thrift stores) to anyone who wanted them.

My personal physician recommended the diet to me in early 2000's after I had slowly gained back all I had lost over 5-7 year period. Just couldn't get back on the wagon then!

Living in Hawaii now. After enjoying papayas, pineapples and bananas for 3 years, I'm ready to go low carb again. Been on induction for 2 weeks and lost 11 lbs.

I usually have to stay within induction range to lose weight.

Great to have found this forum, came at a great time!

CaseyZee
Tue, Aug-22-06, 16:18
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you know how to be successful! Good luck!

yenny58
Tue, Aug-22-06, 16:36
Welcome, nice induction loss. Keep it up! :D