PDA

View Full Version : Calorie intake

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

John19
Fri, Jan-18-02, 17:17
I have a problem trying to eat around 2000 calories a day. I find it very hard to get all those calories in me in 1 day. I eat well below the 20 carb intake. I am not starving myself, i eat plenty of food but I am sticking around the 1200-1500 calorie range. How important is this 10-12 times my calorie weight intake? Also should I add dressings to my foods or something to get more calories? Like mayonaise to my food causei know that has a good amount of calories. Any suggestions or info you have alre always appreciated! thanks :)

K-Louise
Fri, Jan-18-02, 19:27
Try adding just a tablespoon or 2 of olive oil. Its full of good calories. I like to mix a little olive oil and goats cheese or blue cheese together to top my salad.

Cheers
Kim

Karen
Fri, Jan-18-02, 21:36
Hi John,

Increase your fats. Use extra butter, mayonnaise and extra virgin olive oil on whatever you can. Eat fattier cuts of meats like chicken thighs instead of breasts, pork shoulder instead of loin, etc.

Karen

John19
Fri, Jan-18-02, 23:28
Ok Karen I will do that. Thanks for the fast reply on that one.

Marlaine
Fri, Jan-18-02, 23:43
John.....

You asked about the importance of keeping your calories up. Allowing them to get too low will tell your body that there is a famine and it will conserve fat. You need to eat adequate calories to get the best level of weight loss. That's 10-12X your current weight. I know it's hard to fathom, but all evidence points to this being true.

Marlaine