PDA

View Full Version : New to site but not low carbing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

daisyboo
Fri, Aug-18-06, 01:16
:wave:
Hi, my name is daisy, i tried atkins a few years ago and found it good but i got bored and couldn't really find any support, its very NO NO in the UK although things appear better now.... Anyway i lost alot of weight through a medical plan which actually keeps you in ketosis interesting eh ;) and now i'm weaned off it i'm back low carbing cos i've learned my body does not like sugar or refined carbs (and omg it hates junk) i hate the way it makes me feel so in order to A. maintain my weight and B. boost my exercise regime and burn off a few tiny fat deposits left i'm back here and it does make me feel great...

I'm married with 3 children from ages 19, 13 and 9, i'm very active nowadays and have been so for over a year, i live in England but was raised in Scotland and get back there as often as i can... I'm here for friends (who don't try and talk me out of eating lowcarb!) support and advice and to give back what i can from my own experiences too... I am signing off now cos i'm driving up to Yorkshire for a couple of days but will be back soon...

take care all and happy low carbing

love daisy xxx

JaneDough
Fri, Aug-18-06, 15:12
:daizy:
Welcome, Daisy! I believe there's a UK forum here too, so you're sure to make acquaintances on an international scale.

judywade10
Sun, Sep-03-06, 21:15
HI,

Welcome, I'm new here too. What diet did your doctor have you one that kept you in ketosis? I though Atkins was the only one who did that. I've always wanted to visit England. I read all James Harriet's books and someday would love to visit Yorkshire. Good luck!

Judy

daisyboo
Mon, Sep-04-06, 10:26
Hey

thanks for the welcome, cute daisy :p i haven't been back here cos i lost the address and when judy replied to my post i got an email (thank you judy!)

Ok Judy the plan i did was called Lighter Life and its available through a website in the UK, i dont believe its available outside the UK at the moment. You have to be approved by your doctor and go to see your doctor for monthly check ups, the plan consists of a 2 hour therapy/support class each week and at that time you take away your "food" for the week.... This is 4 packs a day (3 of which you choose from either soup or milkshakes and 1 of which is a protein bar), you drop into ketosis as its a lowcarb plan with very reduced calories and you do it till you reach your goal then you spend 3 months reintroducing trigger foods and learning about your body.

Hope that answers your question :)

daisy xx

niknak
Wed, Sep-06-06, 15:35
Yes it is very no no here isn't it! All of my friends are against me low carbing and my fiance calls it Fatkins instead of Atkins, so it's nice to have this site. I never heard of Lighter Life before now, sounds interesting! Well done with the weight loss you have done great!

Hello Judy, I think you replied to one of my earlier threads how is it going?

daisyboo
Tue, Sep-12-06, 00:13
Niknak - regarding Lighter Life, they have a magazine thats available in the usual places and if its something you are interested in i'd suggest you pick that up and take it from there, however although they use ketosis/low calories for the initial weightloss when they put you back onto food its the general food pyramid so you can imagine the hunger pangs i had! i tweaked my programme back into LC'ing cos its what i'm most comfortable with and i'm happy with the situation, but just a warning for you cos forwarned is forarmed!

I have to say that yes the weightloss is nice but the counselling portion of the weekly meeting is what did it for me, and i know now that i have the tools in my head for eating healthily and looking after myself, now its just up to me to use them..

daisy xx