PDA

View Full Version : Drum roll please....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

5_2&thick
Fri, Aug-18-06, 01:12
O.k. straight out...I am a habitual drinker...call it what you want!!!! I have been in induction for about a week turning the keto sticks 2 to 4 shades dark every day..drink water...lots.. Without all the ""Atkins rules"""" stuff involved, has ne one else lost weight while drinking????? I drink Vodka and diet soda.....
Sorry all...I have my vice...I am not very over weight, but enough that I am not happy with my self...so please do not be mean...Thanks!!!!!!

JaneDough
Fri, Aug-18-06, 15:10
Results vary greatly among posters. My body's response seems to be dictated by time of day (the earlier I drink, the better).

You know, you might feel less defensive about some of your choices if you identify your plan as "generic" instead of "Atkins". Just a thought, and best wishes.

cnmLisa
Fri, Aug-18-06, 21:05
If you are a drinker, just keep in mind that the body will burn alcohol first as its preferred choice of fuel before stored body fat. I don't think that was mean. That's just physiology.

Lisa

5_2&thick
Sat, Aug-19-06, 09:32
Hey sorry about being crabby..Thanks for the info and I will change it to "generic".

1010CHIC
Mon, Aug-21-06, 08:09
I lost, and am losing, weight while drinking....I didn't even slow down. I understand that the body burns off the alcohol first. I usually stick to vodka and club soda, but I've also overdone it on sugar filled margaritas and sweet shots once in a while. But I'm losing inches (I dont weigh regularly) at a steady rate :) But sometimes even a smallest thing will cause a stall for some people, thankfully my body tolerates my downfalls :)

doobugsara
Mon, Aug-21-06, 08:40
I am losing painfully slowly and it's probably because I have my little drinkies. You know what? This is a lifestyle -- my lifestyle. I feel better, I look better, I have more energy. I choose to eat less and drink a little more. We gotta live. :lol: What's weird for me is that I have more of a craving for my dry red wine and my bourbon drinks than I did before I started low-carbing. Any thoughts on this?

Christine1
Mon, Aug-21-06, 09:39
You know...I was drinking a couple of low carb Mich Ultras each night last week while "on plan" otherwise and was dropping weight. The last couple of days I decided not to have any at all because i figured it was slowing me down. Now I'm not losing at all - I even gained a pound.......