PDA

View Full Version : new here and a little freaked out

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

asks??????
Wed, Aug-16-06, 23:46
hi! I'm new and a little freaked out about posting my weight online. But "the truth shall set us free"!!!!! but why is it so hard to admit???? I have been doing Atkins since November and have lost at least 60 pounds. (okay I cheated a lot on the way or it would have been much faster-I think.) I might have started off heavier than I posted cause I really don't know my highest weight I just know I look a lot different and feel completely different already. I can't imagine what I will feel like at goal.... a little excited 'bout that! I noticed some of the other posts and replies and I am impressed by the courtesy and support I beleive I see here.

Lesle
Thu, Aug-17-06, 04:48
Hi and welcome to the group!
Congratulations on the 60+ pounds!!!
Keep up the good work.

Lesle

shaeintx
Thu, Aug-17-06, 08:24
Hello asks and congratulations on your success so far! I agree with you that this way of eating makes one feel so much better, I love it and plan on making a lifestyle of it.

NDHuntress
Thu, Aug-17-06, 09:45
Asks I agree that it is scary to tell others what your weight is. I think the reason I am so successful this time around is that I have admitted that I am overweight and told people what I have yet to lose. You have made a decision to improve your health and should feel proud of yourself for your progress to date. Here you will find all the support you could want or need. I would suggest starting a journal where you can put down your thoughts and track your progress also you may find your cyber friends dropping by to say hi and provide support and encouragement. I also like the My Plan feature so I can see exactly where I am at daily with my food and exercise. Best of luck to you.

Enomarb
Fri, Aug-18-06, 11:54
Hi Asks-
you will find lots of kindred spirits here. Have some fun looking at lots of the places on the site.There are lots of places and people here.
Welcome-
E

edie
Sat, Aug-19-06, 14:44
Hi...Congrats on the weight loss!

nikeb00
Sat, Aug-19-06, 17:05
Welcome!!!!! CONGRATS on your loss so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And trust me, when I 1st joined I was mortified that I ever let myself go that badly. But now I love seeing how much I've lost and keeps my focus on continuing to go down! Best of luck to you on your journey!!!!!!