PDA

View Full Version : Been a low-carber, new to site...Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Nannyhooch
Tue, Aug-08-06, 08:43
Hello everyone
I have been watching carbs since 2004, I lost 50 lbs from June 2005 til Jan 2006. Have gained back about 15 pounds just cant seem to get back on track need support so I can get back to where I was. That s why I joined

imtrying30
Tue, Aug-08-06, 09:00
hello and welcome!! this site is great for encouragement support venting- you name it i am not as "wise" as most on here are so i dont know if i could give you any wonderful help, but i can tell you joining here and starting you LC WOE are both steps in the right direction!! also WTG on your previous loss!! and best of luck to you on this journey!!

Nannyhooch
Tue, Aug-08-06, 09:33
Thanks imtrying 30,thats what I need. A you can do it.When I lost all of my weight i got compliments and...made fun of because of using Atkins, said he died fat, have not researched that, is it true??I felt wonderful when I lost the weight,want that feeling again.

imtrying30
Tue, Aug-08-06, 09:45
a clip from USA TODAY:

New York, NY, February 10, 2004—Today's Wall Street Journal ran a story on the health of Dr. Robert Atkins and grossly distorted and inaccurately reported information that Dr. Atkins was obese at the time of his death. In fact, up until the time he became comatose and lay in the hospital for two weeks. Dr. Atkins' average weight was actually 60 pounds less than reported in the Journal. The newspaper article was based on incomplete personal medical records that were illegally delivered to the newspaper in violation of federal law, coming from a known group of Vegan and animal rights extremists.

NDHuntress
Tue, Aug-08-06, 11:17
Nannyhooch welcome welcome. You have come to the right place for support. You will find all the support you could want and then some as we are all in this journey together. Have a wonderful day.

Nannyhooch
Tue, Aug-08-06, 11:52
Thanks NDHuntress....I already feel I can make it back to my goal. I thought that was untrue about Dr. Atkins. I guess I like to hear positive about something I am accomplishing instead of all the negative, I would always tell sceptics I will die being unhealthy and overweight, may as well be the weight I want to be and enjoy life.