PDA

View Full Version : Can't hit ketosis

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

vbrowne
Thu, Jan-17-02, 10:57
I'm new today to this forum. I've been on Atkins since January 1st. Have only lost 4 or 5 lbs., seem to be thinner though, however, my sticks are always reading "small" except in the morning when I haven't eaten for 8 hours.

I eat a hard boiled egg for breakfast - sometimes, very rarely 2 strips of bacon. Lunch is five or six pieces of cheese (size of index finger) and two or three slices luncheon meat. 1 cup salad greens with 2 tbls Ranch dressing - 64oz + water per day - 2 diet / no caffine cokes.

I tend to much on cheese in the evening after dinner, which is either Roast Beef, Fish or Chicken.

Am I doing something wrong - should I buy the new Atkins book?

Natrushka
Thu, Jan-17-02, 11:23
Originally posted by vbrowne
Am I doing something wrong - should I buy the new Atkins book?

Not really and Yes!

It looks like you're a) not eating enough b) choosing some foods that could be problems (lunch meats) and c) you could be eating too much cheese.

The book: You can't successfully do this program w/o it. Would you try to make a souffle w/o a recipe? Places like this board are great for supplementing your knowledge, but they can never replace the book.

Ketosis: Ketosis is ketosis is ketosis. Small, medium or large. A darker colour is usually an indication of dehydration, not greater fat burning. There is a sticky in the Newbies' Question subforum by Karen called "Hot Links!" - click on the links for "Ketosis = Weight loss?" and "Fat and Keeping Calories Up" you should find answers to all your questions - and a few you probably didnt know you had.

Nat

vbrowne
Thu, Jan-17-02, 11:33
Thanks Nat - I now know to cut cheese down to no more than 4 oz. and eat more - 10-12 times body weight sounds like so much food, but I'll try it - I'm going to do induction again - this is day 1 of 2nd time around.

:)