PDA

View Full Version : I've done this before

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

HtotheIzzo
Wed, Aug-02-06, 15:04
I wanna be the only one that makes you come.... running! (It's a Prince song.)

That's probably a really relevant way for me to start my posting on this forum. I'm a nutty kinda guy. So I have this weird quirky sense of humor.

Anyhow, my name is Jonas (I'm carrying the whale- Weezer). I'm an early 20's something male who resides in the beatiful armpit of California: Stockton. I also enjoy long walks on the beach and um... Lo-Carb Chinese Food?

Anyhow, so I'd been heavy most of my life.. The whole broken family sort of thing.. Struggled in high school with identity issues, faith, sexuality.. All kinds of things. I think my overall depression manifested itself in my weight gain..

Once I sort of resolved a bulk of my issues, I decided on my 21st birthday to lose a lot of my weight. I started at 320 lbs, and near my mid 22 nd, I was at 180 at my lowest weight. This was largely from lo-carbing and being entirely committed to going to the gym EVERDAY.

For the past year and a half, I've been slowly gaining a bit of weight (being in a "healthy" relationship and all). More recently the past 9 months have been difficult. Had both of my grandfather pass away... Remembered a childhood moldestation experience... Significant other left for job oppertunity in another state (i'll be there in a few months).

So I did a lot of comfort eating. Meanwhile, why the spouse (sorta) is going through a regimented academy, I've gained weight.. I'm back at around 225, and trying to start losing.. SPRING BREAK IS COMING UP, and I wanna look HOT. How superficial, huh?

Anyways, nuff of the sob story.. I'll be chatting it up with ya'll in a bit.

JaneDough
Wed, Aug-02-06, 16:05
What a story you have to share; you'll be able to inspire a lot of people here with your success. In the meantime, it sounds like you've got some time and motivation to tone thing up a bit before the SO gets back, right? Plus he'll probably have all kinds of tips and tricks to share if you're gettin' your gym rat on.

Holla back, and welcome. :)

nole1984
Wed, Aug-02-06, 16:08
Welcome , welcome , welcome

JsMuse
Wed, Aug-02-06, 16:15
Hello and welcome! :)

Mousesmom
Wed, Aug-02-06, 17:10
It sounds like you have a great attitude and sense of humour workin' for ya

Happy losing!

Julie

medalian1
Wed, Aug-02-06, 17:28
You did it once, no reason why you can't do it agian! Good luck and welcome to the board.

HtotheIzzo
Wed, Aug-02-06, 20:27
a thousand and one thanks guys

starlite43
Thu, Aug-03-06, 12:15
This is my second time also but this time it's for good. I got very bored with the food selection we're limited to and I fell off the wagon. I lost 42 lbs. the first time and gained half of that back. Now I'm on the straight and narrow and very committed this time. I've learned that my body just can't handle certain carbs and it makes me gain weight and I have to live with that. I do great on the low carb diet. I feel so much better physically and mentally. I give my body the good carbs it needs to function and it does the rest and I can say I'm very pleased with the results. My husband is the same way and we've both made this our life style. Good luck to everyone! :wave:

HtotheIzzo
Fri, Aug-04-06, 00:27
I definately sort of pursue it as a lifestyle. I didn't really fall of the wagon so much as I "joined a fraternity" and became an alcoholic. Dear God I love me some alcohol.