PDA

View Full Version : Good morning from a newbie!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mommyamy
Tue, Aug-01-06, 06:12
Hello Hello! My name is Amy and I am new to the site. I have 4 wonderful kids, but as I result, have been dragging around those last pesky 10 lbs for nearly 3 years :rolleyes:

I "went on" Atkins about 8 years ago to slim down, but I use that term loosely as it was more a modified version of it rather than following it rule by rule. Has anyone successfully did their own low-carb plan or am I shooting myself in the foot?? Again, I'd like to lose around 10 lbs, but if I ever saw those 130's again I would be in heaven LOL!

Thanks to all and I look forward to reading more and more form all of you!!

klc145
Tue, Aug-01-06, 06:43
Welcome to the forum Amy!

Some people do successfully do a blend of differenet low carb plans like Protein Power and Atkins or something like that. You just need to find out what works for you!

:)

medalian1
Tue, Aug-01-06, 07:34
welcome and good luck :)

Newbirth
Tue, Aug-01-06, 19:01
Our goals are similar, Amy. After having to eat high carb for a GTT, the water weight I gained won't come off. My goal is 137 and I'm hanging out between 146 and 150 right now.

I do a combo of Atkins with calorie counting. Not low-calorie - I just keep an eye on things so I don't eat like 2500 calories in a day. I'm usually in the 1800-1900 range in calories and I'm pretty far in the program so I get about 50g of carbs.

mommyamy
Tue, Aug-01-06, 19:26
Hi Newbirth! I have been reading many posts form you over the past 2 days of browsing! WHen you are calorie counting, are you still doing low carb? I have also been reading up on "carb cycling", and that seems a bit more doable for me (I despise eggs and seafood, go figure). I have to say though, my stomach has felt much better (no IBS issues) when I do low to no carb.... sigh.. Any advice??

Newbirth
Tue, Aug-01-06, 19:37
Hi Newbirth! I have been reading many posts form you over the past 2 days of browsing! WHen you are calorie counting, are you still doing low carb? I have also been reading up on "carb cycling", and that seems a bit more doable for me (I despise eggs and seafood, go figure). I have to say though, my stomach has felt much better (no IBS issues) when I do low to no carb.... sigh.. Any advice??I feel better when I stick with straight low-carb. Carb cycling would probably leave me bloated and tired.

When I say calorie counting I am NOT talking low-calorie. I count so I don't eat like 2500 calories when my metabolism can only handle 1800-1900 before I start gaining. That's all. Just keeping an eye on my metabolic rate. I weigh too little now to eat more. When I was bigger I could eat 2150 and still lose.

If you are sensitive to grains (and IBS means you likely are) then you have to stay away from them or the IBS will come back.

mommyamy
Wed, Aug-02-06, 06:53
Thanks Newbirth! I am going to try my best to stick to low/no carb, but I know there are times where I will cheat. As a result, I will be in stomach agony and hopefully it will make it clear (and not at all tempting anymore) to steer clear from carbs!!