PDA

View Full Version : New to LC - also Hypothyroid

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mduford
Mon, Jul-31-06, 22:50
Hi I am new to Low Carbing, been doing the low fat thing for a long time. I am also Hypothyroid (Hashimoto's). I have been told by many that a lower carb food plan is the way to go. I wanted to start with something more moderate, Atkins just seemed a little too much for me.

I just finished reading the Schwarzbein principle and am ready to start. Today was my first first day. I followed one of her meal plans, and I was hungry all day. Is this normal when you start? :help:

Any tips from others with Hypothyroid problems?

Thanks
Michelle

joesfolks
Tue, Aug-01-06, 07:41
Just wanted to say welcome. I too have Hashimoto's. It's no big deat, a pill every day. I lost 60 lbs on South Beach diet which I started a week before I was diagnosed. I did fall off the wagon and am now restarting after gaining almost all of it back. There is a forum here for folks with thyroid issues that you might want to check out .

Rocks
Wed, Aug-02-06, 07:02
Welcome! There is excellent thyroid information on the forum and I wish you all the best. :)