PDA

View Full Version : Flaxseed Focaccia Bread-1 carb per piece!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ashangl
Wed, Jul-26-06, 12:48
I found this recipe on the internet. I just made it today. It's really good if you don't mind the taste of Flaxseed. :yum: I adjusted the original recipe to my taste and it's extremely low in carbs.

Original Recipe (http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/breads/r/flaxbasicfoc.htm)

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups ground flax seed or flax seed meal
1/4 cup of Atkins bake ( I make my own with soy flour)
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1-2 T sweetening power from artificial sweetener
5 beaten eggs
1/2 C water
1/3 C oil

Hope you enjoy!

Ashangl
Fri, Jul-28-06, 07:51
ok, I've eaten this bread with different toppings for breakfast for about 3 days... and um..... I gotta say that after a while the taste of Flaxseed turns ickie and kind of fishey. Although this is very low carbs, I'd probably make this recipe with more Atkins bake mix because it's more tolerable for the long run!! :)

Kristine
Tue, Aug-01-06, 06:11
The fishy-ness is coming from oxidized omega-3s. Try baking it at a lower temp for a little less time. :idea:

Robin120
Sun, Apr-17-11, 06:35
I LOVE that recipe- I usually skip the oil altogether. Doesn't seem to make a difference for me.

When I want a sandwich, this bread is great slathered with mayo, pickles, cheese, sprouts, lettuce, (veggy) bacon or turkey.....drools on keyboard.

TChice
Fri, Apr-29-11, 14:05
Is this recipe Atkin's Induction friendly? I think the flax is okay, but he's not clear on the amount allowed early on.