PDA

View Full Version : New here, not new to low carb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

isaiah268m
Wed, Jul-26-06, 06:42
Greetings everyone,

This forum was recomended to me by a friend. I'm back on induction for the....??? umpteenth time. I began low carbing back in 2002, lost around 45 lbs before my weight loss stalled miserably and the doctor was concerned because my cholesteral was rising. He put me on a modified "good carb" diet which held my weight steady for another 6 months or so, since then it's been going back up. Back in May of this year, I was diagnosed severely hypothyroid (my TSH was a whopping 26) and put on synthroid. Doc is still trying to get that under control - my most recent TSH was 13...she wants me at 1.

So, here I am, back in the low carb saddle. I started induction last week. I'm doing a modified Atkins approach, currently at 20 net carbs.

Newbirth
Wed, Jul-26-06, 23:04
Welcome! Atkins is a great program. :D

MissSherry
Thu, Jul-27-06, 03:42
Welcome aboard :)

Laydebleu
Thu, Jul-27-06, 06:54
Welcome to the forums.

I wish you great success with your low carb way of eating.

bkloots
Thu, Jul-27-06, 09:15
Welcome to a good place.

I'm hypo, currently taking 2 grains of Armour thyroid, which seems to do the trick. When I started Atkins, my cholesterol went up to about 255. Now it hovers around 215. That would seem a little high, except my HDL (the "good stuff") is in the neighborhood of 115, and my LDL is below 100. No real concerns there. I am a devoted exerciser, and indications are that regular exercise is the best way to boost HDL, as well as providing many other weight management and health benefits.

Best wishes with your plan.