PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from another Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Blue eyes
Thu, Jul-20-06, 19:13
Hi all.... just started Atkins 6 days ago. My doctor wanted me to go on a low carb diet to get my tryglicerides down so here I am. Been learning alot from these forums. Wow, I thought this was going to be easy. There is so much to learn and so much planning and prep work just to put a daily meal schedule together. Was almost ready to quit after the first day of chopping veggies, counting carbs and cooking meat. (can you tell I hate cooking?)

Thank goodness for these forums and all you wonderful people. I'll certainly need your support.

Donna

nikeb00
Thu, Jul-20-06, 19:15
Welcome and good luck!!!!

nole1984
Thu, Jul-20-06, 20:12
oh Blue Eyes , I am with ya on the hate to cook tip, but I am actually enjoying trying some of the recipes I get on the forum and my two teens even love some of the things I try especially the Low carb Fajitas and quesidilas

muffles
Thu, Jul-20-06, 22:37
Ooh, I get so sick of having to cook ! But it is worth it...I try to always cook extra , so there is tomorrows lunch all ready , or enough for the next days dinner. And welcome to the forum!

Blue eyes
Fri, Jul-21-06, 18:33
Thanks for the welcome. Who knows, maybe I'll learn to be a gormet cook (Atkins style) after all. I'll have to check out the recipe section and do some experimenting.....my meals have been so bland. lol.

Donna

RedHotMaMa
Sun, Jul-23-06, 09:56
Hi Blue Eyes,
I used to love cooking but now I don't want to cook at all. I am all burned out on it. I am always looking for new recipes to try that are easy and taste good. Kudos to you for preping and planning your menus. I haven't done that yet. I just sort of plan as I go and I don't always have what I need for a particular recipe. I am new to this way of eating too. So I need to plan a menu or I won't have what I need when I need it. Congratulations on your success so far.
RedHotMaMa

joesfolks
Mon, Jul-24-06, 11:55
. (can you tell I hate cooking?)

I can't even imagine hating to cook. I love it, but here are some things that might help if you can afford them , I can't.

Deli rotisserie chicken : bring one home and use it to add protien to salads etc. Make chicken salad from it.

Bagged pre-washed pre cut veggies: these will save you tons of time.

Crock pot: throw in a meat and some of those chopped veggies with just a little stock and cook it on slow. By the time you get home from work dinner is ready. (I can afford the crock pot and use it often).

Frozen veggie packages: Your freeze department has all kinds of bagged veggie combinations. Just watch that you are getting ones without too many starchy veggies and be sure that any sauce packets that come with them are not loaded with carbs.
Hope this has helped.

Blue eyes
Mon, Jul-24-06, 20:51
Thanks for the suggestions joesfolks. I forgot about the rotisserie chicken. I have a Boston Market right around the corner that makes the best rotisserie chicken. Yummm! As far as the frozen veggies go, I still consider that cooking since you have to put it in a pot and boil it. lol But you're right, I wouldn't have to cut them up before I put them in the pot and boil them. I also might take your suggestion about the crock pot, if I can remember where it's stored :D

Donna