PDA

View Full Version : late introduction ! lol

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Marie2006
Tue, Jul-18-06, 13:16
Hi,
I have been posting for a few weeks now, but realised I never came here to introduce myself :lol:

My name is Marie, I'm 25, I live in Paris (france) and I started atkins on july 26th 2006.
So far I lost 6 pounds.

But as you can see, I'm not overweight at all. My weight is "normal", but my goal is to be leaner. I would like to be able to see my muscles more, and to lose a little bit of fat also.

I'm close to my goal right now. I have around 7 pounds to lose, but you know that's the hardest part ! damn !

I am a person that really love to eat, and having tried different types of diets before (medium carb-low fat-high protein :::::: then low carb-low fat-high protein) waoooooooo I can really say low carb high fat is THE BEST!

I have a lot of energy (I try to run 5 times a week for 45min and weight lifting 4 times a week :biceps / triceps / abs / chest / back / legs / butt / shoulders) which is really important when you do a diet!! you don't wanna become a "veggie" looool :lol:

what I like about atkins is that it's like I finally found the way for me to enjoy eating EVERY single day, the food that I like without counting (meat, eggs, cheese :yum: ), just watching the carbs is not something that really bothers me, compared to the other diets !!
This is also good to know that once we will have reach our goal, we'll be able to know how to maintain it. I think that's the KEY ! that's the thing that I like the most on it. I'm very happy to have discovered these theories about fat burning and ketosis and all this stuff that we don't hear about, here in france, and that they don't encourage at all here.

I would like to thank this forum, that is so full of great information, and the people, that are sooooooooooo nice here. Each time we have a question, people would just respond so nicely, give advices, everybody's supporting everybody, that's like a big family lol :lol: and I think that really helps people when sometimes we feel weaker and need support, and on the other side, when we feel confident we can help other people.

So, to go back to the diet itself (atkins), I'm starting my 4th week, and I'm surprised (and happy) to notice that my sugar carvings have disappear! that is just something I didn't beleive that could happen to me lol :lol:

Right now, it's like I go crazy just thinking about a piece of ham, fish or cheese loooool
that's so geat.

i'll keep you informed about my evolution. 7 pounds is "nothing" you would say, but damn I wanna get rid of that! And I'll do it !!!! :thup:

thanks for you support :wave:
and good luck to everybody ! :wave:

bigtoevin
Wed, Jul-19-06, 11:58
hi marie,

the last pounds to lose are always the slowest. the harder something is to get, the more we appreciate it once we do!

of course you can go into a steam room for 3 hours and sweat off 7 lbs of water, but that is not what you want, long-term.

the quickest way to lose your fat is to eat more fat. continue to lift weights, this will speed up your metabolism, which will speed up your fat burning all day and all night. you can also go further below the 20 grams of carbs a day. some people strive for 0 with the "meat & eggs only" version of this.

you can also take comfort in the fact that 99.99% of the world would say you are beautiful the way you are.

best of luck to you!

Marie2006
Wed, Jul-19-06, 12:48
:lol: lol yeah I know,

but people were already saying that, even when I was 20 pounds more ! (2 years ago).
and I didn't like my body at all at this time !

No, that's something I never wanna tell myself!!

I wanna be happy with myself, of course, not looking for perfection all the time, but , hey, you know, when you're close to perfection that is not as bad to experiment !!! lol :lol:

don't take it the wrong way, hun?
;)

You know what I mean.

Thanks for your support.
:wave:
good luck to all of ya !