PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

NDHuntress
Tue, Jul-11-06, 18:52
Hello to everyone out there. My name is Carrie and I have been following a lo carb lifestyle for about 3 years but fell off the wagon big time. I got a wake-up call when I weighed in at 322 pounds in March of this year. So I decided to get off my but and get back on track. I started back on Atkins March 23, 2006 staying on Induction for 6 weeks before allowing myself any extras. Around mid April it became nice enough for me to get out and start walking so I started with a 1/2 mile (boy was that tough at first) and have now worked up to an average of 4 miles every day. I have succeeded in losing 30 pounds to date and would like to lose another 20 by the end of September. Ultimately I would like to have a total of 142 pounds off by Spring 2007. I recently found this board while searching for a lo-carb support group and look forward to supporting others as well as being on the receiving end. Thank you all for being you!!

nole1984
Tue, Jul-11-06, 18:57
Hello, I like to walk also, that will definately assist with the weight loss, congrats on your loss so far!!!!

JJ TERRY
Tue, Jul-11-06, 19:02
Hey Carrie glad you found us! Sounds like you are doing great boy 4 miles everyday you can't beat that. Keep up all the good work girl and welcome! JJ

nikeb00
Tue, Jul-11-06, 19:07
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like your well on your way!!!!!!!!!! You may also want to start a journal, so not only can you track your progress but we can pop in to give you words of encouragment!!!!!! Good luck on your journey!!!!!!! Hope to see you soon!

ginyer
Tue, Jul-11-06, 19:15
Way to go on the walk and the weight loss! How long did it take you to build up to the four miles? I just started on a one mile walking dvd and I am so out of shape...thought about doing it twice a day, but haven't gotten to that yet.

This is a great site with lots of helpful posters and information.

Enjoy,
Anita

NDHuntress
Tue, Jul-11-06, 19:34
How long did it take you to build up to the four miles?

Enjoy,
Anita

I only managed about a 1/2 a mile a day for first week then 1 mile a day the next week. Been averaging 4 miles a day for the last 2 weeks so it did take a while to build up. I do most of my walking in the early morning (5am) or later at night (9:30pm) to take advantage of the cooler temps.

ginyer
Tue, Jul-11-06, 21:23
Carrie,
Sounds like you built up pretty fast....that's awesome. I have got to push myself. It would have to be late night or early morning here also due to the temperatures and humidity, but I think I have a better shot at doing the inside walk this time of year.

I think I would like the walking dvd better if I made myself a music cd to listen to instead of the instructor....do you use any kind of weights...wrist or ankle? I bought some small wrist weights, but I haven't used them yet. When I think I used to do step aerobics and all that old Jane Fonda stuff, I can't believe I am huffing and puffing at a one mile walk, but I figure I have to start somewhere....it is funny how it just sneaks up on you one day.

Keep up the good work...

Anita

NDHuntress
Tue, Jul-11-06, 21:42
I haved used weights a few times for my arms (trying to get rid of the flab) as soon as the swelling is gone from my calves and ankles I want to start using the 2 pound weights that I bought to get some more definition to my legs. I am also adding bike riding this week although my existing bike is not the best. May have to treat myself to a new one soon.

potatofree
Fri, Jul-14-06, 19:46
:wave: Hello from a fellow North Dakotan.