PDA

View Full Version : Starting New Again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MartinMom
Tue, Jul-11-06, 10:13
Hello Everyone,
I'm just beginning on Atkins today. I'll be turning 40 next March and am determined to be Fit and Fabulous at Forty, rather than Fat & Forty. I want to start the second half of my life off right. My father was diagnosed this year with Type II diabetes. So that he could avoid going on medicine, he began cutting carbs from his diet. He's now 39 pounds slimmer, doesn't need diabetes medication, and his blood pressure and cholesterol readings (110/70, and 139) are better than they were in his 30's. He's inspired me to follow his example. I would like to ultimately shed 40 pounds.
I just spent some time on this website and it looks very helpful and the people on the forums seem great. Wish me luck!

pennym
Tue, Jul-11-06, 11:29
Congratulations and best of luck to you! I was also inspired by my mother's type II, so I know this scary feeling.

MartinMom
Wed, Jul-12-06, 08:49
Thanks for the support, Penny. You're stats look great - you're more than half way there - good for you!

Started off the day well this morning, but I'm still a little food-obsessed. I know this will pass, but I'm eager to get there ASAP. There are thunderstorms threats this morning, so I might be indoors most of the day. I think I'll try to get in some exercise...:wiggle:

I like these little smiley guys - they're cute!

MartinMom
Thu, Jul-13-06, 09:00
So here I am at Day 3. My something to celebrate is that I started taking vitamins yesterday! :thup: Hopefully the vitamins along with the diet will help me find some extra energy! I think I need to start exercising and I'm probably procrastinating with my thinking about how to go about it, instead of just doing it (As NIKE puts it!). I'm thinking maybe starting with jogging/walking - although it is mighty steamy outside this week... maybe I'll do an exercise tape. I don't know... but I've given myself until tomorrow morning to figure it out - then I actually have to do something! Eating has been uneventful - eggs and either bacon or canadian bacon for breakfast, chicken and veggies for lunch, cheese for a snack, and meat and salad for dinner. I did snack a few times yesterday, so maybe I'm overdoing it on the cheese. I guess only time will tell....:sunny:

rs_stace
Thu, Jul-13-06, 09:28
Hi! :wave:

I too am starting over again. I have done really good w/ atkins...but for some reason can't get myself to goal. So i have dedicated myself to only protein and very very few carbs. And also the 8 glasses of water...as usual.

I wish you the best of luck....we can do this!

Stace

MartinMom
Fri, Jul-14-06, 05:53
Thanks for the encouragement, Stace. Good luck to you too! My husband and I took the kids for ice cream the last 2 nights in a row. Of course, I'm the only one who didn't have any, but I'm happy to say that it didn't bother me at all - I wasn't even tempted. I think I'll enjoy that feeling while it lasts!

rs_stace
Fri, Jul-14-06, 06:05
Good Morning!

Me and my sister in law went out and walked a mile and a 1/2 last night...which was nice. We got to visit...and joke which got our minds off food. :lol: I drank a ton of water and ate right. Scale this morning says i gained a pound though. I need to quit being a slave to that and Ketosticks. But that was only Day 1...and i know i did everything right. So i need to just go with in and keep on keepin' on! Well...i'm off to work and wanted to say hey! I hope you are on track and staying hydrated w/ H2o. Congrats on your willpower w/ the ice cream. Knowing me...i would have wondered if they had frozen yogurt! :p Take care of you!

Stace :daizy:

MartinMom
Sat, Jul-15-06, 05:20
Hi Stace. Don't stress about that small gain - probably just water weight. I also am trying to keep myself from stepping on the scale too frequently, but I'm usually not too successful. I went to the Yankee game last night with my husband and his friends - his brother had to back out at the last minute, so I took the ticket. I didn't touch the food at the stadium, but I did have 2 Coors Light. :nono: I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down 3.5 pounds, so I don't think it affected me too much. But we'll see at the end of the week.

I've got the dreaded task of shopping for a bathing suit today. :help: My current suit has more pulls and loose threads than I care to admit to. It's so bad that the other day my 8 year old daughter suggested that I get a new one! We're going on vacation a week from today (and I'm at the pool with the kids all the time anyway), so I really should get a new one. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it!

rs_stace
Sat, Jul-15-06, 07:35
Good Morning!

Well i didn't let the whole 1 lb. gain bother me too much cause i knew i did everything right. I'm happy to say i am now instead of 223...i'm 221. My start weight was 222 when i began this this week...so i'm happy and on the road to more pounds lost. I have to go shopping for groceries this morning...thank God i'm not looking at bathing suits like you today! :lol: I can't imagine a bathing suit that large...i feel so frumpy...but that'll change. I have a very mini goal to be 216 by August 1st...think i can do it??? Oh...and i re-started taking my CLA/GLA again 2 days ago...so that should help out too.

I'll check back later and see how the suit shopping went. Good luck and find something too cute! ;)

Stace :daizy: