PDA

View Full Version : potassium gluconate please read

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mcavana
Tue, Jan-15-02, 09:15
i just started atkins today. i went out and got the suppliments recomended. question: as far as potassium, the only thing i could find is potassium gluconate 595mg. the bottle says it is equivalent to 99mg potassium. is this what i need for my potassium? if not, what do i need? please respond!!!

Natrushka
Tue, Jan-15-02, 09:45
mcavana, I used that handy search feature available on this site looking for "Potassium AND gluconate" and found that gluconate simply refers to the type of potassium - i.e. it is chelated and more easily apsorbed. If you recall, the link I provided to you in your first post about supplements gave the dosage requirments for induction and maintenance - you should have all the information you need now.

Searching for the answers to your questions while waiting for a post to be replied often leads to other questions, that you didnt even know you had you had, being answered. You can find the search function here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/search.php?s=) .

HTH,
Nat