PDA

View Full Version : M&E a great short-term booster!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fallsgal
Sun, Jun-25-06, 09:14
A great good Sunday morning to all :wave: Just weighed in and have FINALLY shifted a few more lbs! I seemed to be stuck on week 3 of induction and lost/gained the same .5 lbs over and over. So all day Friday and Saturday I ate meat and eggs only, keeping the calories around 800 each day, with almost no appetite. I felt great (other than the migraine I got after spending all day Friday baking Brownies, then all day Saturday in the hot sun at our Church's outdoor bakesale :lol: ). This morning I'm down 2 lbs and boy does it feel great! I actually felt a bit scared...could I lose too much and end up like those poor souls who are anorexic? But I know I'm ok, it's just a shock. I've not weighed this little for about 20 years!!! I had a tomato this morn with my eggs but will watch very carefully that I don't add too many carbs too soon. I think I am extremely sensitive to the carbs.
So anyone who's a bit stalled, or just thinks they are stalled, give a day or two to meat and eggs and a ton of water - you may jostle a bit of fat OUT! I will try it again later on if I feel a bit stalled. I actually heard someone after Mass this morn make a comment about "skinny" people :lol: :lol: :lol: Man, I love it! P.S. my DS has lost a total of 8 lbs in 2 weeks and is thrilled!

newlcer
Sun, Jun-25-06, 09:26
Hi Fallsgal...Way to go! I tried M&E for the first time last Mon-Wed and lost 2 lbs that had appeared stuck! So I'm all for it...and while I miss my veggies too much to be on the plan for toooo long, I am going to do 3 days M&E every 2 weeks. I'm stuck at the 2 lb loss that I lost last Mon when I DID M&E, so I'm going for it again next week! Wahooooo! Cath :wave:

mike_d
Sun, Jun-25-06, 09:32
I am afraid to try it, afraid M&E will cause me to stall out or gain when I go back on OWL, my body adapts quickly to change.

You can always go up in carbs, but not down if you're already at zero.

Increasing exercise may be the best option.

nikkil
Sun, Jun-25-06, 11:00
Just wanted to point out that many, MANY people have a 'pause' in weightloss somewhere between Week 3-5 usually, so if you'd waited it out it would have happened. That said....

I don't think there's anything wrong with m&e as long as you get enough calories. Having 800 per day for 2 days is okay but any longer than that isn't good. If you were to do it longer you could add fat to things (like butter or mayo for your eggs, or dip boiled eggs in ranch dressing), mayo dip for meats, fattier meats (like ground beef - not lean), etc.

Exercise is always a good idea (medical conditions taken into consideration of course) - m&e, LC, low fat doesn't matter - exercise is important :)

HairOnFire
Mon, Jun-26-06, 14:10
I switched to M&E after 4 weeks on Atkins, not because I wasn't losing on Atkins but because I wanted to bail out on the carbs completely because my running mileage was stalled. I don't know anything about "keto-adaptation," but I appeared to have "broken through" to higher mileage while doing M/E, so I plan to stay on it for the foreseeable future. I felt frustrated at a low (20-30) level of carbs because I was going nowhere with my running, so I just wanted to shake it down instead of shaking the carbs up. It worked.

M/E works great for me. I don't get very hungry, and I probably need to start keeping a calorie journal. I have gone entire days without eating, without hunger, and still working out like crazy and having enormous energy. It's an amazing plan. Mostly I did it for my running, and it did help me out of my mileage plateau.