PDA

View Full Version : Sodium question.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Turbodan
Fri, Dec-15-00, 11:23
Does it matter how much salt you use on this diet? I am on the Atkins.

NNN
Fri, Dec-15-00, 11:50
Have you read the Atkins book? It answers most of the questions I think . I have read mine over and over and still forget the answers. You are doing great with the water drinking. So keep that up. Although water is not really mentioned in Atkins book.
I believe I have heard that the best time for using those sticks is in the evening. I have never used them . Salt is not good for you and makes one tend to retain water as well.
NO Atkins is not bad for your kidneys unless you have bad kidneys in the first place and even then I am not sure . I used to have a lot of pain in my kidneys before I started Atkins a year and a half ago and now I never do. That is why we are to drink a lot of water , to wash out the ketones. As Dr. Atkins stresses, one should see their doctor first about any diet. I am saying that to cover my umm.. self too. And keep you carbs for 2 weeks below 20 to get you started in the losing mode. There are many helpful and informative articles listed on this web site too if you have any extra time. Good luck .
NNN