PDA

View Full Version : What happens after the weight loss?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Rochenne
Sun, Jan-13-02, 15:33
Hello Everyone,

I am not sure where else to ask these questions. I hope I don't appear to be completely dumb. As I have about 100 lbs. to lose, I am curious about a few things. After I lose the weight, what happens to my stretch marks? And does the excess skin go away? Or does it stick around on some people? And lastly, I feel very vain for asking this... What will happen to my, erm, bra size? I am a top-heavy person, and I know weightloss will bring me down a few cup sizes, but will the sagging be horrible? Ok, that all of my dumb questions. If anyone can help, feel free to e-mail me if you don't want to post. These things do worry me.

Thanks,
Rochenne
rochenne~hotmail.com

razzle
Sun, Jan-13-02, 16:40
welcome to the site! you might do a search for "stretch marks" and a second search for "skin" in the 100+ pounds forum. I've seen it discussed in there.

How your body recovers from obesity is an individual thing...age matters a lot, the number of times you have gained and lost matters, and genetics plays a role. None of us will probably look like a supermodel naked at the end of this...but then again, a lot of supermodels are made of re-touched photos and don't really look like that themselves! I use a gym and see a lot of naked women in the shower room, and you know what? They all, living on a planet with gravity, sag. They all, even the slim ones, have dimpled thighs.

You'll be feeling so physically good and so sure of yourself by the time you lose the weight, these issues won't bother you a bit. Give yourself two years of maintenance, too, for the skin to continue shrinking and the stretch marks to fade. By that time, you may be proud of what remains as "battle scars" of a very challenging battle that you won!

best of luck to you

Rochenne
Sun, Jan-13-02, 21:57
Thank you Razzle. I am just in new territory here. I feel like I woke up one day and looked in the mirror at myself. I knew in the back of my mind that I was getting heavier, I even made attempts to correct it. I guess I just never really believed that I was a food addict, well, carb addict anyway. It makes me feel disappointed in myself, that I let it go this far. Now I am going through withdrawal, that gets really really bad in the evenings, even on day 3 (at this point). I am also fixated on food. I realize how much of my day used to surround what I would eat next, and when. I hear that this plan works, that it will change my life, but all I am right now is hungry and miserable. But I keep pushing on, hoping to find that place where the pieces start to fall into their proper places.

I apologize sincerely if I am bringing anyone down, I am sure no-one wants to hear how hard it is. All I know is that my husband has no idea what I am going through, and how I feel about myself, and I am hoping that some of you do, or at least that you are polite enough to let me ramble and get my worries off my chest. To those who have responded to any of my requests, again, thank you.

Yours,
Rochenne
rochenne ~ hotmail . com

Karen
Sun, Jan-13-02, 23:04
I apologize sincerely if I am bringing anyone down, I am sure no-one wants to hear how hard it is.

Believe me, we all know how hard it is. :D Read through the recent posts and introductions. You'll see that you are not alone.

No apologies necessary.

Karen

Debi55
Mon, Jan-14-02, 09:23
Rochenne, don't beat up yourself. I know exactly how you feel.

Before when I did Atkins, I knew the foods that I could eat and the things I couldn't. I did pretty good on the diet but I didn't drink the water like I should and I wouldn't eat until I was satisfied. I felt like, "Well, I'm on a diet and I shouldn't over do with the food", so I limited the amount of food I would eat.

This time, I read you can eat as much as you want of the legal foods, eat till you're satisfied but not uncomfortable.

This go round, I'm am not skrimping on the food, I eat 4 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper). I eat all I want of the legal foods!!! I have drank so much water that it's a hassle having to go to the bathroom all the time. I'm sure my water bill will be outrageous this month from all the flushing!!! LOL

Don't get discouraged......stay with this, eat till you are full and satisfied and you will be suprised and how the weight will come off and your energy level will be so much greater. Another thing.....you won't believe that you can actually lose weight eating so much food on this WOE. I eat 4 fried eggs and 4 slices of bacon for breakfast as an example.

And about your body......you will feel so good about yourself when you lose a few pounds that you won't care how about sags and stretch marks. You will feel accomplished!!! I'm sure of it!!!

So erase away all those blues and if you're hungry.....go get something to eat.....drink plenty of water and pretty soon you won't feel hunger pangs or cravings again. I know it, I've been there, done that.

razzle
Mon, Jan-14-02, 16:25
Rochenne, you hang in there! I know it's hard. And you can complain in capital letters, bold face and italics, too! You can feel angry about getting this metabolism, angry about living in a world that so harshly judges large women. Indeed, you can feel angry about ANYTHING, but let me nudge you towards feeling less angry with yourself. Complaining, though, is very much okay, as is asking questions.

Honestly, R, we all do the very best with what information and resources we have available at the time. Be forgiving of yourself and kind to yourself. I like to tell people to treat themselves exactly as they would a beloved child. If that child has a real challenge, and does well 75% of the time, you praise her, right? If it takes her a while to make some connections to acquire a new difficult skill, you don't call her names while she is learning...but do you praise her when she finally starts to "get it"
When your system is free of the carbs and all your personal trigger foods, you will quit obsessing with food. It feels like a miracle when it happens. It feels as if someone has handed you your life back. Hang in there, keep reading various posts and books to find what helps you, and you'll feel much much better in a short time.

Marlaine
Tue, Jan-15-02, 00:58
If you haven't already started, read around the journals being kept here. They are definately a place to look for inspiration. Challenges met, persistance, patience and dogged determination. Consider starting one for yourself. It's a place that we can all come and visit you and encourage you and answer your questions.

Welcome.....and may you find the inspiration to complete your journey.

Marlaine