PDA

View Full Version : Can I do this?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tarah
Sat, Jan-12-02, 11:57
Hey guys, its me Tarah..
Today is my second day.. and I have a bit of a headache...
I have done this WOL before... and I am hoping that I can do it this time.. I am having cravings... but I have been really good.. lots of cheese, eggs bacon, burgers.... so far so good..
But I need a push.. can someone please give me some motivation??

Mine is not very good today..

Tarah :(

razzle
Sat, Jan-12-02, 14:19
hang in there! You'll feel better in two or three days at the most. And it'll be worth it once you're past this hard part.

Part of what is happening to you is just brain chemistry. Carbs create "happy chemicals" and carb addiction creates a serious imbalance in our neurochemistry. "happiness" is largely a matter of brain chemistry, after all. So when we go through our withdrawals from the carb drugs, we feel like crud! Then our bodies begin to recover and so do our moods.

While you're going through the withdrawals, try to boost your "happy chemical" levels with activities like soaking in a bathtub, renting a movie that makes you laugh out loud, making love, or taking a long walk through the woods. All can boost serotonin or endorphin levels and ease that sense of general malaise or depression.

:D best of luck to you! you can do it!

EllieEats
Sat, Jan-12-02, 17:27
Hi Tarah!
I, too, felt terrible when I first started this WOE! I remember on day 3 of induction I felt so weak and light-headed--- I had to keep sitting down!
BUT... it passed.. and then the wonderful energy took over and the constant happy feeling!! I swear this is as good for your mental health as it is for your physical health!!! :D

Hang in there honey!! The way you feel now won't last!!
Ellie :wave: