PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter Cookies

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mammac-5
Sun, Jun-04-06, 17:31
Made these today when I was suffering from a rare PB craving

1/4 cup softened butter
1/4 cup peanut butter (I use SF Skippy)
1/2 cup Splenda
1 egg
1 cup vanilla protein powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch salt

I beat it all up in the mixer and plopped out about 10 cookies on a sprayed cookie sheet, baked them at 350 for about 10 min until golden. You could fork them as one does with traditional PB cookies, but I was being lazy!

YUMMY!!!

PBgirl
Sun, Jun-04-06, 20:03
those sound yummy! :agree: i made a different recipe last year and if i remember it went like this:
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup splenda
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder (maybe baking soda :-))
~ ~ 350! they were fabulous! :

WyoDiva
Sat, Jun-10-06, 12:38
Wow...this looks good...I shall have to try it soon. What's the texture like? anything like the "real thing"?

emily30
Sat, Jun-10-06, 13:24
Ok, I JUST baked these and am eating one as I type. I used:

1 C Organic pb (lower in carbs)
1 C Splenda
1 egg

Baked them for 8 mins at 350. It made about 2 dozen 2" cookies. The organic pb just ground peanuts, so no sugar and I honesty still find them VERY sweet. Next time I'll try them with 3/4 C Splenda. Granted I haven't had anything sweet in a dogs age, so maybe this is why they taste so sweet to me. They are soft and melt in your mouth. Very good! No need for baking soda/powder.

emily30
Sat, Jun-10-06, 13:37
mammac- How was the texture in your cookies? Did they get a little crunch to them at all? I think that is what is missing from mine. I will try them with the protein powder next time (didn't have any)

zorra_1
Sun, Jun-11-06, 08:49
This looks pretty good...like the idea of using protein powder as I am out of Carbuik and almond flour (my usual cookie staples)! :lol:

sexym2
Thu, Oct-06-11, 19:52
Just subscribing.

girlbug2
Fri, Oct-07-11, 07:56
BTW, this recipe works with almond butter as well...just sayin'.

gbell1
Sat, Apr-21-12, 10:30
mmm will have to try when i'm done induction

graciejean
Sat, Apr-21-12, 13:36
BUMPING for later

graciejean
Sun, Apr-22-12, 13:46
I made these yesterday,man were they good.Got me thinking {very unusal} wonder if I can double the recipe and leave out the pb ,make a larger cake?Could be unlimited ideas .What do you think???

graciejean
Sun, Apr-22-12, 19:02
Well I made the recipe larger,1 layer.I iced it with cream cheese icing.Wow was it ever wonderful.Thanks for the recipe.