PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to 145-150.........

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Annah
Thu, Jan-10-02, 13:07
I am looking for someone anyone that would be interseted in getting down to 145 or even 150? If anyone is interested in this goal, please post and we can support each other.

ADELE
Thu, Jan-10-02, 14:07
I'm restarting Atkins this week.Was on it b4 holidays. Lost 7 lbs in 10 days. Gained all back. Very upset. Started again 1/7 . Would love to be 145. Would appreciate a buddy for inspiration. Looks like we both weigh the same now, we can do it !!! :wave:

Annah
Mon, Jan-14-02, 15:13
I am so glad you replied!! I also need a buddy for inspiration. I just started this WOE and I m so impressed how wonderful this is I dont plan on ever going "OFF" I just stepped on the scale today and I am now 176, I could not believe my eyes! I am so excited.

I am happy that you are starting this again I know you can do it. Try not to be too upset about the gain, now your back with this plan, you will lose it fast.

I am journaling regularly, and I am trying to add a little more movement into my life. I HATE TO EXCERSISE! But I am going to try. Can't wait to hear from you again! :)

ADELE
Tue, Jan-15-02, 07:34
Congrats !!! I lost 4 lbs, but I had a flu bug over the weekend and didn't eat for 2 days. So, I can't really say it was due to Atkins. Felt better yesterday , came to work and..............ahhhh...I had a bagel with creamcheese !!!
:( Needed comfort food. Good excuse huh ?? I do love Atkins also. I am a big meat eater...I really don't miss the carbs..Guess I'll have to start again today...Hey, you keep up the good work. And do some exercise. I also hate exercising, but I joined a gym near my job. I try to go at least 2 or 3 times a week. I go on the treadmill for 30 or 40 minutes..Well, I'm at work. Talk to you later, Adele

Annah
Tue, Jan-15-02, 09:41
I am glad you are feeling better. I had that flu bug too, in December though.
That bagel and cream cheese isn't all that bad. Just start now from there. Don't have any other carbs now today.
You said you are a big meat eater, well I am not usually too crazy about meat, but I am learning to add variety to what I am eating. I am horrible about eating at home, but since I started this WOE I haven't eaten out but once. Which is great for my checkbook. :sunny:
I am going to really try to start a work out plan. I started Tae Bo with my daughter yesterday, I just have to say, I am uncordinated.
Well, you have a great day at work. Try to keep focused on the end result. I gotta go to work now, too. YUCK! :(

ADELE
Tue, Jan-15-02, 13:01
Hi Annah,
Ok...at work, eating lunch...burger with cheese and lettuce and onions on side. Sure better than that stupid bagel I had yesterday. Are u online at work ? So, have you ever weighed 183 before ? This is my worst weight ever !! I was 157 about 4 years ago and got so depressed. I went on a low-fat diet with lots of treadmill. Lost 17 lbs in 16 weeks..Felt great at 140. I'm 5'6''...How did I ever gain alll that back ,plus more ?? I'm 47 yrs old and I know it gets harder and harder as we age. I can't wait to reach my goal. Gotta do some work....look fwd to hearing from you...

Annah
Tue, Jan-15-02, 21:18
I am not on line at work. I work at our family business, its a pizza place. I used to work for NorthWest Airlines, but was permenately laid off due to the crisis on 9-11.

I weighed 135lbs before getting pregnant with my daughter. I was gestational diabetic, so I ended up gaining 100lbs. It was horrible. I stayed 200lbs for about a year, and slowly lost weight, finally getting down to around 155lbs, by doing slim fast and other low fat starvation diets. I gained back 30lbs back and have stayed between 180-185 for a very long time now. I am 5'81/2". I am 30, just turned in November, and I am sick and tired of being overweight. I was tired all the time and crabby. I hated to cook, so I would grab something fast to eat. I started this in the beginning of January, in fact today is my 14th day. I think I am going to stay on Induction another couple of weeks. I am almost afraid to go to the next phase. I have never done this woe before. How long have you been doing this. I know you said you started before the holidays.

Well can't wait to hear from you again!! Take care :roll:

ADELE
Wed, Jan-16-02, 08:24
Happy Wednesday... Sorry to hear about your job at N.W..That is so sad. So, you have lost alot of weight before. You can definitely do this. I went on Atkins about a year ago. But really didn't stick to it. I gained a pound yesterday. ???? What the heck am I doing wrong ? Did that bagel mess me up THAT much ? How did you do yesterday ? Being around pizza all day would drive me crazy.YUM...I think I'm going to stay on induction also. I'm also afraid to go on and eat more carbs. I don't feel successful yet. I haven't been to the gym since last Thursday. Being sick, good excuse not to exercise. Think I'll go at lunch tda. Do at least 30 mins on treadmill. Talk more later.......... :wave:

Annah
Wed, Jan-16-02, 09:46
HI ADELE:

WELL ANOTHER DAY OF INDUCTION "ish". THANK YOU ABOUT NWA. I AM OK THOUGH I JUST FEEL SO SAD FOR OUR COUNTRY AND NEW YORK I WISH I COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING MORE TO HELP. MY COUSIN LIVES IN MANHATTEN AND WORKS CLOSE TO WHERE THE WTC WAS AND SAW EVERY THING. ITS ALL HAS BEEN A NIGHT MARE.
YES I HAVE LOST WEIGHT BEFORE, BUT NOT IN A HEALTHY WAY. I LOST MORE MUSCLE THAN FAT. AND I GAINED EVERY THING BACK. BUT I DO KNOW THAT I CAN DO THIS.
I WOULDN'T WEIGH YOURSELF BUT ONCE A WEEK. I AM SURE I GAIN A POUND EVERY NOW AND THEN BUT I ONLY WEIGH MYSELF ON MONDAYS. OTHERWISE I WOULD FOCUS ON THE POUND THAT I GAINED AND THEN I WOULDN'T BE MOTIVATED TO GO ON WITH THE DIET I WOULD PROBABLY GIVE UP. ALSO INSTEAD OF WEIGHING YOUR SELF, TAKE YOUR MEASURMENTS, THATS WHATS REALLY IMPORTANT ANYWAYS.
OH SHOOT I LEFT THE CAP LOCK ON!!! oH WELL, HOPE YOU DON'T MIND.
YESTERDAY WENT GOOD FOR ME, I ACTUALLY JOURNAL, SO IF YOU WANT YOU CAN TAKE A PEEK AT MY MENU. ITS AT A-C JOURNAL(THREAD) UNDER ANNAH. I JOURNAL EVERY DAY IT REALLY HELPS ME. I ATE ALOT YESTERDAY AND HAVEN'T COUNTED MY CARBS I AM AFRAID I MIGHT HAVE GONE OVER A LITTLE. BEING AROUND PIZZA ALL DAY DOESN'T BOTHER ME, IT ALMOST GROSSES ME OUT TO WORK AROUND FOOD ALL DAY, THE SMELLS OF THE FRYER AND THINGS REALLY ARE SICKENING. I DO TEND TO EAT THE SAME THINGS FOR LUNCH THOUGH.
I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO TAE BO YESTERDAY BUT I DIDN'T :bash: BAD ME!!!! OH WELL TODAY I WILL TRY. SORRY SO LONG WINDED TODAY, I WILL TRY TO KEEP IT SHORT. I AM A TALKER THOUGH SO IT RUNS INTO MY TYPING, HAHA. I'LL BE BACK PROBABLY TONIGHT, TO FINISH MY MENU FOR THE DAY. HAVE A NICE DAY ADELE :)

ADELE
Wed, Jan-16-02, 10:21
Hi,
Read your journal. Gave me some menu ideas. Thanks for sharing. You are 100 % right about weighing myself every day. It REALLY does discourage me. I will stick to once a week now. I work for Verizon, the telephone company. I worked right next door to WTC on West St. WTC #7 fell right into our bldg. Needless to say, we no longer work there. It worked out great for me. I now work close to home. Alot less stress. But the heartache of that day will live in me 4 ever !!! My house has a skyline view of Manhattan. It is so sad to look at now. I could cry just thinking about this...... :tears: .Back to better things, oh...yeah....what does WOE stand 4 ???? Gotta go, be back later

Annah
Wed, Jan-16-02, 21:16
I am glad you read some of my menus, do you have a journal, with menus, I tend to run out of ideas, but today I had an awesome supper, I was at work until 7:30pm so I had to eat there for supper. Anyways I had a taco salad YUMMY!!!! It was great, I took hamburger put shredded cheese on top, with some lettuce and black olives, I mix in some taco sauce. WOW was it good.
I am so sorry that you are so close to the tragedy. I cannot imagine how you must feel. I know that I am very insecure now in my life. The skies are so open, you know. I am so sad for you and all that you have to see every day in your city. New Yorkians are real strong people and really showed America how they care and came together, that is really a wonderful thing to see. I heard on the news now that there was a shooting at MLK High School, I am so sad when I hear the news. I just wish people would love each other and quit fighting and hating, you know? I guess thats life :(
ANYWAYS now that I am so sad, I will try to change the subject, WOE means Way Of Eating or WOL Way Of Life. Well I am going to watch 20/20, talk to ya later BYE :wave: BURRRRRR I am freezing, bye now

ADELE
Thu, Jan-17-02, 12:29
Hey Annah,
Yum...That taco salad sounds great. Will try that this weekend. Last nite I had a chicken leg and thigh..That was it. Not really hungry at nites. Breakfast tda was 2 hard boiled eggs, 4 little park sausages. I had been eating brown-n-serve sausage and noticed it had carbs. So i found Parks brn n serve. No carbs. I think maybe the sausges I was getting from the diner every morning might have had carbs and sugar. So, I bring my own and pop them in the microwave at work. I just went to a German deli for lunch. I got rosemary ham and havarati cheese. Just rolled the ham around the cheese. Not bad. Got enuf to snack on while I'm at work. Thats my worst time to eat. My boss sits here and eats ALL day long...Junk food. I don't want the junk food, but he makes me think of food and want to eat. So I have a bag of pork rinds here for emergencies. If it wasn't for him, I'd be happy with what I planned on eating all day. We're in a new office, as I told u ystda, so we are still waiting for them to come build cubes around us. Big walls,,,,,I don't want to see what he's eating all day. And ,mind u, he is HUGE....He just refuses to diet. Sorry for rambling...See ? we have something else in common..LOL.....Talk to you later,,,have fun at work....

Annah
Thu, Jan-17-02, 15:19
Thank God for weekends, I am glad we have 1 day left of work, I am TIRED! I could sleep for hours. I just came home quick have to go back yo work again tonight. Ive been at work since 8 am will be there till 7pm. I smell like a giant onion, yuck.
Anyways, I ate at Mc D today for b fast I had an english muffin, but I know that I cannot have no more carbs today. I wonder what an e. muffin is??? Oh well, I am disappointed with myself, I weighed myself and I gained a pound, I am so mad that I did that because I just preached to you about weighing only once a week, and what do I do????????? DUMB! But I am not too upset about the results like I said a pound can come and go so fast its all in how you feel ya know?
I think I am going to eat that taco salad again today, I dont know yet, I miss being home to eat.
Tonight after work I am going to a ballet, it is a New York Ballet Company, performing Cinderella, my daughter is so excited. I am too. Theres not much to do around here. I live in a tiny town, at around 9pm the roads are bare, its really pathetic, and boring. We are going to Orlando in March I am so looking forward to it I cannot wait!! BLAH, BLAH, Blah! :rolleyes: Well you are fun to talk to what can I say?
You made me laugh, thay visual image of your boss chowing down all day and you with your pork rinds, I hopr your cubicles come soon.

mrsu
Sun, Jan-20-02, 18:58
sorry for butting in but i would like a buddy too. I would love to see 145lbs again. :)

ADELE
Mon, Jan-21-02, 08:29
Welcome !!! Boy, you did great so far...14 lbs in less than a month....I must be doing something wrong.. been stuck at 176 for a week now..I'm at work, will write more later :wave:

Annah
Tue, Jan-22-02, 22:15
WELCOME MRSU!

WOW you did great for the 1st month. Are you still doing Induction? I did 14 days induction, I am trying to keep on induction but I am feeling that I need more variety. I am very satisfied as far as my hunger, I am hardly hungry, which is unbelievable for me because I was such a snacker I loved to eat when I was tired sad bored happy whatever the feeling I ate. Now I feel like I have more control. That is what I love about this way of eating. Well... I need to go now. Will write later. Bye for now :wave:

SD1
Wed, Jan-23-02, 10:35
hi Annah!

I started the Atkins diet on 1/1/02 and I started at 225, I don't know if you were that high. I am down to 212 as of last week and I am sure I lost a coulple more pounds. How about you?

Sonia :wave:

ADELE
Wed, Jan-23-02, 13:56
Hi Gals,
It's Wednesday...Trying so hard on this diet. Going on the treadmill at least 3-4 times a week. Haven't lost anything in 2 weeks.... :cry: Drinking tons of water. Annah, hope u are doing well. Found a great site....FITDAY.com.........join for free..it keeps track of everything for u.....gotta try it...more later...Adele

Annah
Wed, Jan-23-02, 20:39
Hi Sd1
I started Jan 1 also. My starting weight was 185. I am so proud of you Sd1 You are doing great keep up the good work. I was about 200lbs for about 2 years after my daughter was born Kept down to 185lbs for about 4 or 5 years but have been as low as 150lbs for only a year or so. I am down now 9 lbs, since Jan 1, and I am thrilled but I have stalled for about a week. I know its because I am not planning as well as I should. I will try harder this week :D Keep drinking water people, and eat eat eat. I know that I don't eat nearly enough as I should and I do believe it is slowing my metabolism down.

Annah
Wed, Jan-23-02, 21:04
Hi Adele

I too have stalled for a week. I am not unhappy about it though I am thrilled with the loss I have I am just going to keep on going. 10 pounds a month to me is great. Try not to get discouraged youll start up again you watch youll lose soon. It could be water weight and or muscle. Just keep it up and youll see changes. I am going to check out that web site it looks good. Well I am tired :daze:

SD1
Fri, Jan-25-02, 12:24
Hi everybody!!!

I am almost at a month and I have no idea how much weight I lost I don't even care. All I know is I feel great. I have found some recipes that keep me going. All I know is I had busted to a size 20-22 and yeaterday I put on a size 16 skirt and looked damn good!!! Okay it was a little snug but still!!!!!!!!!Last week, I took my 2 year old to Jeepers and I felt so great because I got on all the rides with her and even climbed to the top of the jungle gym thing . I used to get so tired before so I was the parent that wathed the coats and the little babies.No more!!!!!!! My daughter competes in Beauty pageants and I am always on stage with her, I want her to be proud of me. She is only 2 so she loves me either way but later I don't want her to be embarrased.

I am going to weigh myself just to keep track but I feel great. :roll:

ADELE
Fri, Jan-25-02, 13:24
Hi there,
Well, today is day # 18....Ready to cry :tears: Had lost 4 lbs. and weighed myself today and gained 2 back. I think I'm ready to give this up..I haven't cheated. Maybe a regular low fat diet would be better for me. 2 lbs in 18 days just doesn't cut it with me. But I really do enjoy this diet ! Sorry, I don't want to bring anyone down with me. I just had to vent. Good luck to all. :wave:

SD1
Fri, Jan-25-02, 14:29
ADELE,
DON'T GIVE UP, IF YOU ONLY LOST 4 LBS IN 18 DAYS, SOMETHING IS WRONG. WERE YOU DOING STRAIGHT INDUCTION? TRY GETTIONG SOME KETONE STRIPS. I USE THEM EVERYDAY JUST TO MOTIVATE ME. IF YOU ARE IN THE PURPLE, YOU ARE LOSING.
SD1

ADELE
Fri, Jan-25-02, 14:43
SD1,
Hi...Thanks for responding. I am still doing induction. I do use the Ketostix every night. I'm at moderate most of the time. I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong,. I usually have 6 strips of bacon in the morning , the occasional egg, or leftover meat from the night b4. Lunch is usually tuna in water with mayo, or a cheeseburger (no bun) and some salad. If I snack at work, its usually a few pork rinds or an Atkins Endulge bar (which now I hear is not as low carb as they say ) LOTS of water all day.. Dinner is either chicken,steak, porkchop, or fish with a salad or lc veggie. The only thing I have done wrong is an occasional glass of white wine after work . I've been doing 2 miles on the treadmill at least 3 times a week. I'm gonna try on some jeans tonight that didn't fit and see if maybe I lost inches that I'm not aware of. One thing I should mention, I'm on Remeron , which is an antidepressant. Doctor did say it would slow down my weight loss, but I didn;t think to this extent. Thank God I'm weaning off the medication now. Well, have a good weekend. Hope to hear from you soon. And ANNAH....where have u been girl ??? Bye

Annah
Sat, Jan-26-02, 21:30
Everyone I have to apologize, I have been working too much and when I do get home I am dead tired :yawn: to come on the computer. But now I am back and will try to post everyday.
Adele I was so sad to hear that you may quit, :tears: you know that antidepressant that you are on may be the problem, I would see if maybe your doctor could prescribe something else, I dont know I am not a dr. I want to share with you that I was on Wellbutrin 150mg and Celexa 10mg and I stopped taking both of them. BUT I am not encouraging that anyone should do that. I did and I have no problems right now but I did talk to my dr. he said to stop Celexa first for 2 weeks then wellbutrin. It was a little bit hard to deal with my emotions but I did ok. Also it could be that your gaining muscle. I dont know, please keep trying. Hang in there I know its very discouraging to see the scales go up. :there: Well we are here for you whatever you decide just keep us posted ok? Take care! :bhug:

Annah
Sat, Jan-26-02, 21:42
:hyper: YAY!! you are doing great I am so proud of you. I know that you are feeling wonderful.

What recipes have you found??? I love new recipes. Do you have a journal?? I do, all of you can come and check it out for menu ideas.

I have to confess, I CHEATED :( I am so disappointed in myself, I am supposed to be on induction and I totally blew it, BUT that was yesterday, tomorrow will be a better day. OK here it is I ate..........CHEESE CAKE :eek: I am not about "playing games" with this WOE. And I refuse to allow this one incident to ruin my life. PHEW! now I feel better. I really want to succeed but I dont want to be in bondage or obsessed with this WOE either. It is hard not to. What do you guys think? Are any of you feeling obsessed??? I think maybe its just my guilty conscience. I will go on from here, and NEVER think about it again. I need to focus on the good not the bad.

SD1
Sun, Jan-27-02, 10:00
THIS WEEKEND I WENT OUT WITH SOME FRIENDS AND MY HUSBAND WHO IS BEING SO SUPPORTIVE AND TRYING TO DO THE DIET WITH ME( ALTHOUGH HE REALLY DOES NOT NEED IT. ANYWAY WE WENT BAR HOPPING, AND NOT DRINKING DOES NOT BOTHER ME BUT THEN IT WAS 2 IN THE MORNING AND THERE WERE VENDORS OUTSIDE SELLING BOARDWALK FRIES AND PIZZA AND PRETZALS AND EVERYTHING THAT WOULD BE AN ATKINS' NIGHTMARE. EVEN MY HUSBAND GAVE IN. I STAYED STRONG AND ALL I KEPT THINKING IN MY MIND WAS I CAN NOT GO BACK TO A SIZE 20-22. :idea: I JUST CAN'T DO IT. MY HUSBAND HAD A BAG OG NUTS IN THE CAR AND THAT'S WHAT I HAD. I WAS SO PROUD OF MYSELF. HEY, A GREAT SODA IS CANADA DRY DIET GINGER ALE. IT TASTES GREAT ON ICE. ALSO LAST NIGHT WE HAD TACO SALAD WITH STEAK.IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO YUMMY. I JUST TOOK A STEAK AND CUT IT INTO STRIPS AND COOKED THEM IN A FRYING PAN. I SEASONED THEM WITH MEXICAN TACO SEASONING (JUST A LITTLE BECAUSE IT DOES HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF CARBS. I TOPPED IT WITH LETTUCE, ONIONS, SALSA(SUGAR FREE), SHREDDED MEXICAN CHEESE AND REGULAR SOUR CREAM. TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!
MY DAUGHTER WANTS MY ATTENTION SO I GOTTA GO. TALK TO YOU ALL LATER.
SD1 :wave:

mrsu
Sun, Jan-27-02, 19:20
hey ladies,

Well i must tell you gals about my-self. I'm 26 years old married to the most wonderful guy and I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter.

As of today i'm 163lbs. I guess form here and on I will have slow wait loss. I just want to get down to single digit clothing sizes and have the energy to play with my little girl. ;). What exercise. are you gals doing? If you are doing Tae bo, how many times a week are you suppose (are doing) to do it to get some results?

ADELE
Mon, Jan-28-02, 12:50
Hi,
Well, I also went out Friday night. We had a little reunion of coworkers that we haven't seen since 9/11. When our bldg was destroyed we all were sent to different places. Is that a good excuse to drink ?? Well, I did, and alot..Only smart thing was I drank dry vodka martinis. Least carb drink I could find. Didn't eat that nite at all. As u can imagine, I spent quite amount of time in bed Saturday and only ate 4 strips of london broil the entire day. Sunday I was a good girl. Weghed myself this morning and lost 3 lbs. The two lbs I had gained back and an extra one.. Ok, I feel better now. Just spent 42 mins on treadmill. Thanks for your encouragement. But now we know the secret...Get drunk :roll:
Annah....I'm glad to hear from you. I'm trying to figure out how to reply separately to you. But I'm at work and have to sneak this stuff. So I have to hurry. Will write more tonite...Keep up the good work gals :wave: Adele

SD1
Mon, Jan-28-02, 13:29
Hey everybody!!

I am going to go weigh myself today. I don't reallt care because I feel it but I'll let you all know tomorrow or tonight.

Bye for now.

SD1 :rolleyes:

ADELE
Mon, Jan-28-02, 14:34
Good luck..I'm sure you'll be back with great news..

Annah
Mon, Jan-28-02, 20:37
You all sound like you are all doing great!! I am ok, I did weigh myself and lost 1 pound :confused: I am happy about it but I dont understand why I am stalled I need to read in my book about this again. Well I do feel good though so I guess thats all that matters.

MRSU

I do Tae Bo I try 3 or 4 times a week. I am getting better at it I know that as far as getting results???? I have lost 10 lbs in 1 month. Thats not too bad. I am happy with that. I've only lost 1 lb in the last 2 weeks though. That is when I started working out, but maybe I am gaining muscle.

You guys had fun this weekend, I am glad some of us have fun. I work too much :help: Oh well, that is my life.

Adele

I dont know how we could reply seperately????????

SD1

I know that you won't be disappointed!! Good luck

See ya later gotta run! :wave:

mrsu
Tue, Jan-29-02, 18:00
Annah, you might be gaining muscles. but thank you for the advice i really appreciate it. Just keep ypur chin up and it Will happen for you.

Good luck Sd1 ;) I hope ypu have great news.

Talk to yoou gals later.

SD1
Wed, Jan-30-02, 11:54
CHECK OUT THE THE UPDATED PROFILE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOST ANOTHER 8 LBS. I AM SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED.

TALK TO YOU LATER.

SD1 :daze:

mrsu
Wed, Jan-30-02, 17:05
GOOOOOD for you. :roll: :D Keep up the god work.

Annah
Thu, Jan-31-02, 08:30
:hyper: WONDERFUL NEWS SD1!!! I am so encouraged by your loss I am soo excited for you. I know that my mom and dad are doing this WOE too and together they lost 32lbs in 1 month, isnt that amazing. I am so excited for all of us!

Well, I do need to go to work soon, AGAIN :rolleyes: I hope you all have a wonderful day and remember to focus on whats important!! :wave:

ADELE
Thu, Jan-31-02, 10:03
SD1,

:cheer: That's fantastic.

Annah,
Working hard , huh ? I've been pretty busy also. Still stuck at my lousy 5 lbs in 24 days. And I tried on some clothes...they still don't fit...I don't know what to say anymore. I spoke to my Dr. about my meds. He wants me on them for another month. I'm going to really need DRUGS if I don't lose more by then. I hate to always sound so negative,but I'm trying so hard. So much water, I could float away. Exercising !! Oh well, more later :cry: Adele

SD1
Thu, Jan-31-02, 20:38
ADELE,

I REALLY DON'T WANT YOU TO QUIT SO I'M GOING TO TELL YOU WHAT I AM DOING TO A TEE. I KNOW YOU ARE ON MEDS BUT MAYBE THERE IS JUST ONE LITTLE THING THAT CAN THROW YOU OFF. 1ST RULE TRY NO ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!!! JUST DO IT FOR ONE MONTH BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE ONLY DRINKING A LITTLE BIT, IT CAN SET YOU BACK 2 WEEKS. I HAVE JOB WHERE I SIT MOST OF THE DAY SO IT'S NOT LIKE I HAVE BEEN EXERCISING EVEN THOUGH I WANT TO START SOON . FOR BREAKFAST I HAVE A CUP OF DECAF TEA AND 2 HARD BOILED EGGS AND 2 PIECES OF SAUSAGE. FOR LUNCH I HAVE BUFFALO WINGS WITHA SMALL SIDE SALAD. MAKE SURE YOU ASK IF THERE IS BREADING ON THE BUFFALO WINGS, YOU'D BE SURPRISED. IF I EVER NEED A SNACK, I ALWAYS KEEP MIXED NUTS IN THE HOUSE. FOR DINNER I USUALLY HAVE A STEAK TACO SALAD OR A SALAD WITH LOTS OF SALAD SHRIMP AND CHEESE. THERE IS NEW SALAD DRESSING OUT CREAMY PARMASEAN VINAGRETTE. IT'S GREAT AND ONLY 1-2 CARBS PER SERVING. I WAS SO SICK OF RANCH AND BLUE CHEESE. LIKE I SAID BEFORE CANADA DRY DIET IS AWESOME AND WATER IS ALWAYS GOOD. I HAVE BEEN STICKING TO THIS MOSTLY. MY TRICK WAS TO FIND 2 OR 3 SIMPLE THINGS THAT I REALLY LOVED, WERE EASY TO MAKE AND THAT I COULD EAT EVERYDAY WITHOUT GETTING SICK OF IT. I HAVE TO GO TO THE STORE EVERY OTHER DAY TO KEEP MY SUPPLY FRESH BUT IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WORTH IT. PLEASE HANG IN THERE AND TRY THESE SIMPLE THINGS AND I PROMISE YOU WILL SEE A DIFFERENCE. IT MAY NOT HAPPEN IN A WEEK SO AT LEAST TRY TWO OR THREE. ANYWAY, TWO MORE DAYS BEFOR MY DAUGHTER'S SECOND BIRTHDAY. I WILL SEE MY FAMILY FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE CHRISTMAD. DO I DESERVE A NEW OUTFIT GIRLS? MAYBE I SHOULD STILL WEAR BAGGY CLOTHES AND SHOW OFF IN ANOTHER MONTH. WHAT DO YOU THINK. I MIGHT BE HURT IF NO ONE NOTICES THE DIFFERENCE. TALK TO YOU ALL SOON. HOW ARE THINGS WITH EVERYONE ELSE?

SD1 :confused:

fergybf
Sat, Feb-02-02, 12:10
I'm with ya! I need help and motivation. I'm doing atkins/protein power. I also weigh in once a week at diet center. It helps keep me honest. I would love to get down to 145-150. For me that's almost supermodel weight.

murpel
Sun, Feb-03-02, 12:43
Hi there,
I am new to the site, however not new to this wol. I followed your posts from inception, finding that I am very motivated. I have been looking for motivation as I am and have been stuck at 160 for about two months.
If you'll have me, I'd love to join your buddy connection.
Thanks so much!
Murpel :agree:

Annah
Mon, Feb-04-02, 16:02
Finally have time to post Ive been so busy!!! Anyways I have been doing good, I lost another lbs, now thats 11 lbs in 4 weeks!! I am happy.

WELCOME MURPEL :wave:

Of course you can join in this is for everyone and anyone who wants support!!

Adele
Hang in there girl. DONT GIVE UP!!!!!!

Bye Ill try back tonight!! :daze:

murpel
Tue, Feb-05-02, 01:11
I've been a baaaad girl!
I let the pistacheo's get to me again!
It's not really all that bad. HE HE HE HE!
Knowing that I'll come home and share with all of you, helps me to curb it a little.
I'm still dead on 160 right now, and pushing the water, and tryin to stay away from the nuts!
You all are so wonderful and strong, I am proud to be associated with all of you!!!
:bhug:
This is what I ate today:
Missed breakfast however not my coffee,had 4 cups with sweetner and heavy whipping cream, then I had two pork chops, salad w/cheese & ranch dressing and a glass of water, a cup of sugar free jello for a snack and a glass of water, two Atkins pancakes for dinner and a glass of water, and about 18 grams worth of pistacheo's in front of the puter and a glass of water.
:doah:
I did drink about 5 8oz glasses of water during the day, and am working on another before bed. (Helps me wake up in the am!)
Hope you all had a wonderful day!
Murp

ADELE
Wed, Feb-06-02, 07:55
Sorry, I've been busy also. Welcome newcomers !! :wave: Tomorrow will be one month on Atkins. Still doing induction. Still only down 5 pounds, but ya know what ?? It's better than gaining 5 lbs. Right? :D Hope all of you are doing well. I will write more later. Have to work. I think employers should give us an hour a day to write to our forum buddies...Sound good ? :p Oh well, time to eat my bacon. Bringing my own from home now. I think the bacon I was getting from the diner had sugar in it. Have a good day .........Adele

SD1
Wed, Feb-06-02, 20:20
HEY LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!
IT IS WEDNESDAY AND I WEIGHED IN TODAY. I LOST 4 MORE POUNDS. I AM AN EVEN 200 LBS. IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH 200 LBS IS STILL HUGE, I FEEL SO SLIM. I FEEL GREAT AND I AM AT THE POINT WHERE THIS IS JUST NORMAL NOW. I HAVE LEARNED TO TURN AWAY FROM TEMPTATION AND THE BEST PART IS NO ONE REALLY THINKS I AM ON A DIET BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO EAT LIKE I'M ON ONE.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I NEED TO DRINK MORE WATER. WELL I WILL TALK TO YOU ALL SOON. SO WHO IS STILL HANGING IN THERE?

SD1
:wave:

murpel
Thu, Feb-07-02, 00:40
Wow SD, that's great! Keep drinkin the water.

:cheer:

I'm still having a problem forcing the stuff down, however, I'm trying. I had a Large ice tea from sonic tonight (pretty weak stuff really) and a couple of atkins pancackes (I think I'm hooked on them. I think they are really good!) for dinner, and I'm good.
:hyper:

Adele - You are doing great! I love the way you are looking at it. I lost the most weight during the summer when I was having no problem drinking water. It took me 5 months to loose 20lbs. Then the whoosh fairy came to visit. It's worth hangin in there for!

I am finally signed up for the semester at the community college. My education is going like my weight loss. One class at a time. I'm only 2 weeks late getting into my class. It's a distance learning class, videos and books. Yuck! I think it's going to be tougher than going to classes once a week. It's the only class available this semester that will apply twoards my degree. YUCK!!! Oh well.

You all take care and help the water shortage get a little shorter!

:thup:
Murp

ADELE
Fri, Feb-08-02, 11:08
Hi,

Hope everyone is well. As usual, I'm at work and have to make this quick.

SD1 :clap: Outrageous

Murpel Thanks so much for the support. I know I have to be more patient.

Annah.......working hard ? Will write more over weekend.

Everyone....enjoy the weekend.

murpel
Sat, Feb-09-02, 12:52
Hi everyone!
Hope you all are having a great weekend.
I had a few week moments last night. I was working a Chinese New Year's dinner and ate some pork in a sweet sauce, beef & Broccoli in plum wine sauce, and two little egg rolls, and salad. Whew! did I know that I screwed up! I got a headache and upset stomach! too much non lc food. Now my body is trying to get rid of it.....several trip to the bathroom already this am. Whew! Don't want to do that again anytime soon. A few extra carbs is one thing, adding sugar into that is awful!
Feel better this morning though.
Hope all are better than I am this am!

Adele- that's what all of us are here for - to give and receive support!
Ok, gonna have to get started on that class today, will catch up later!
Take care and keep the water going!!!!
Murp

ADELE
Mon, Feb-11-02, 08:07
Happy Monday. Hope everyone had a good, successful weekend. Murpel, no more chinese food for you :bash:

Today starts my 6th week. I've decided to stay away from bacon. Maybe the salt is making me retain too much water. I'm having tuna for breakfast today. Yeah, my coworkers think I'm wacko. :daze: Going to Atlantic City Friday. Would love to lose at least one little pound by then. Clothes still fit the same. Am giving myself 2 more weeks on this. You gals are so lucky. I don't know if this has anything to do with this, BUT, I never was a big carb eater to begin with. I'd maybe have a sandwich twice a week. Pasta maybe every 10 days. Never have bread in the house. I hate rice. So my body isn't going thru a real change on Atkins.. What do you think ?? :confused: Please advise !! Thanks...........Have a good day

SD1
Mon, Feb-11-02, 13:59
HEY LADIES,

LOST 2 MORE LBS. :daze: I'M NO LONGER IN THE 200'S . I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY. ONLY 48 MORE TO GO.

KEEP WITH IT GIRLS.
SD1

ADELE
Mon, Feb-11-02, 14:10
SD1,

WOW....................27 LBS. !!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: You should be soooooooo proud of yourself !! Keep it up !! Wish I knew your secret ...........Adele

SD1
Mon, Feb-11-02, 19:16
THANKS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!
MURPEL,
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE AN UPDATED PIC OF YOU. I AM TOO EMBARRASED TO PUT A PICTURE OF ME UP. HOW MANY CARBS A DAY ARE YOU CONSUMING. I WOULD BE SO HAPPY AT 160. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING THE ATKINS?

ADELE,
DON'T PUT YOURSELF ON A TIMELINE. YOU ARE SETTING YOUSELF UP FOR FAILURE. GO BACK AND READ THE BOOK. I CARRY IT WITH ME LIKE THE BIBLE. MAYBE TRY THE FAT FAST TO GET YOUR METOBOLISM GOING. I KNOW IT'S PROBABLY A PAIN BUT ONLY FOR 2 WEEKS. PLEASE HANG IN THERE. WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE. ANY UPDATES LADIES OR HAVE MOST OF YOU RELAPSED?I HOPE NOT. I'LL TALK TO YOU ALL LATER.

SD1

ADELE
Wed, Feb-13-02, 07:11
Ok gals...I lost ONE pound. Never thought I'd get so excited over a pound. But it's the first in weeks. Thanks for ur support gals. Will write more later. :Party:

Annah
Fri, Feb-15-02, 16:36
Wow it has been a long time since I have posted. I am way too busy lately. I am thrilled I lost 4 lbs last week. I just about fell off the scale I was so shocked! My pants are baggy and I am feeling very good! I am excited!! I love my hubby he is sooo supportive when he cooks for the family he remembers me and fixes things that I can eat. I have a wonderful husband, who loves to cook, Yay for me!!! I am spoiled.

ADELE
HAng in there I know if you try the fat fast you will probably lose. TRY IT

SD1 I am so proud of you you are doing great!!!!

WELL I GOTTA GO BYE!

murpel
Sat, Feb-16-02, 14:29
Sorry it's been too long.....
Trying to catch up on that class, the Olympics, and work...... Whew!
I had a great week. No cheating, even on Valentine's day! Hubby got me several small presents, none of which were candy! What a guy!

I worked another dinner last night, had prime rib with a little horseradish in sour cream, broccoli veggie mix, green salad and tons of water. I was running all night!
Had my best bowling night ever on tuesday, a 169 game (not so great for me) and two 243 games for a 655 series!!!!! What a wonderful week.

I have managed to loose those same 3 pounds again. However, I have noticed that my body is changing again and the inches are going-a little.
I'll try to get the updated pic taken and posted this weekend between chapters.

:Party:

Kudos to all!!!!!!! Everyone is doing so well, even with the busy schedules all of us keep!
Great job!!!!!
Keep it up, don't be afraid to experiment with your diet, and never, never, quit drinking water!!!!!!
gotta do some reading and follow ups...

I look forward to hear how all of you did this week!!!
Murp

Annah
Sat, Feb-16-02, 16:20
I am so happy!! I couldn't do this with out all of your support. I really believe this support group helps me. Even when I am busy with work I think about all of you and I know that you are all here for me, I think this is what I needed; a place to go where everyone is in the same boat and doing the same things. Thank You all.

Now I want you all to know, when I started this way of eating January 1st 2002, I was in a size 16 pants, (tight fit ) NOW I am wearing a size 12 and they are not tight! I have been hearing compliments every day, and I am proud to say I have taken them gracefully. Usually I am horrible at recieving compliments, BUT I am feeling so good about myself I am accepting them, and believing them :)

I have lost 14 lbs. in 1 month, 2 weeks and 1 day. I only have 21 lbs to go. Well hubby made delicious snack for me, gotta eat them yum yum.

here it is you take ham, spread cream cheese on top of ham put pickle in the middle roll up ham around pickle; slice up and gobble down :wave: bye ladies have a great day

murpel
Sat, Feb-16-02, 20:20
Congratulations! WTG!!!!!
Everyone is doing SO well.
Snack sounds great!!!!!
I'm hoping to touch base more often this week!!!!
Take care everyone, keep in touch,
and WATER, WATER, WATER!!!!!
Murp

Makar18
Sat, Feb-16-02, 21:42
145 is my goal too. I just started reading in here, so I'm doing catch up and caught your thread. :wave:

toots
Sun, Feb-17-02, 02:36
Hi makar18, murpel, mrsu, adele, annah: (I hope I didn't leave any one out)

I read your messages for the last few days and loved the camraderie. I was so amazed that our goals are so similar that I was inspired to join your group, if I may.

I started Atkins two days ago (Feb 14) and so far so good. My system is in a little bit of shock as I am a big vegetables eater. Anyway, I've lost a pound per day so far. My only carbs are one sweet-n-low per day and some cheese. The cheese package (lite Swiss type) says "0 carbs" but I remember reading somewhere that cheese does indeed have some carbs, particularly the "milky" ones like ricotta and mozzarella. I'm also having about 4 tbsps cream in my decaf.

Do any of you know what the story is with cheese and cream?

Thanx, Toots

Makar18
Sun, Feb-17-02, 05:24
Hi Toots. I checked at fitday.com and according to it, swiss cheese has 0.964g of carbs per ounce and heavy cream has 0.831g per ounce. You can go to http://www.geocities.com/msweathe/fiber-calc.html and put in the label's info and find the hidden carbs. It hasn't failed me yet. Another suggestion is to not use the lite swiss cheese but the ful fat kind cause on Atkins, fat is our friend. I didn't start losing much weight until I upped my fat content. My zone is 75-20-5. 75 % fat, 20% protein, and 5 % carbs. But this is a diet that is based on individual's chemistry. What works for one, may not work for others so you need to find what works best for you.

Hope I"ve been helpful.

:wave:

Vickie

toots
Mon, Feb-18-02, 00:47
Makar 18

Hi Vickie:

Many thanx. Have only a minute. Will write later.

Toots

SD1
Mon, Feb-18-02, 14:43
HI EVERYBODY!!!!!

GLAD TO SEE WE HAVE SOME NEW MEMBERS. SORRY I HAVE NOT TOUCHED BASE LATELY BUT MY HUSBAND CAN'T KEEP HIS PAWS OFF OF ME. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! ANYWAY WEIGHT CHECK IN IS ON WEDNESDAY SO I CAN'T WAIT TO TELL EVERYBODY THE GOOD NEWS.

HANG IN THERE!!!!!

SD1

Annah
Mon, Feb-18-02, 19:46
Well I celebrated a friends Birthday today, I ate a slice of cake. It was so thinly sliced it was almost transparent, but I feel guilty!!! I want to try to figure the carb count. Well, I didn't have very many carbs today I think I only had 1.5 carbs, so I shouldnt beat myself up. Well I am sorry for eating that cake, but now I will start again. I have a small headache now from the sugar :rolleyes: Well, I will go now talk to you later.

WELCOME NEW COMERS!!!! :D

ADELE
Wed, Feb-20-02, 08:23
Hi everyone,
Welcome all newcomers !!c :wave:

So glad everyone is doing great. I went to Atlantic City for the weekend. Stuck to my WOE. No problem. I got my TOM for the first time in 91 days. (yeah, I'm at THAT age,48). I immediately felt a big difference in my water retention. I think I lost a few lbs, but am waiting till Thursday to weigh myself.
Annah, I'm sitting here craving ham ,cream cheese, and pickle. I'm pretty lucky too with my live-in boyfriend. He is a wonderful cook and extremely supportive of me. :rheart: He got me Omaha Steaks !! Outrageous !! Anyone ever try them ? :yum: Well, back to work ...Keep up the good work. Adele

murpel
Thu, Feb-21-02, 01:07
SD1, I know what you mean! Isn't it great?!!!!!

:devil:

Annah, don't beat yourself up too much for the cake. Just jump back on the right road, and carry on. I know that it can make you feel guillty, however, it's difficult to resist the ol' carb cravings when they are right there in front of you. :wave:

Adele, those steaks sound great!!! I've been fairly good. I've had a few nuts (buying single serving sizes now) and some popcorn, just not the whole bag! Otherwise, I'm sticking to Cheese, low carb bars, LC high protein drinks, and lots and lots of water!

Glad the group is growing! The bigger the group, the smaller we'll get!!!

Haven't hit the journal yet, so better go....
Keep up the good work, and keep in touch!!!
WATER, WATER, WATER!
Murp

ADELE
Thu, Feb-21-02, 07:15
Hi Gang,
ONE MORE POUND !!!! :yay:

Murpel.....Are u eating the Atkins low carb bars ? I had his chocolate and breakfast bars and really enjoyed them. Then I started reading how they have all these hidden carbs.. :doah:
What to do ?
Annah......So, how r those taco salads? Better than cake ? Only kidding ya. Hey. forget the cake...I started a journal yesterday. Hoping it will help.

Well.....good day to all......Adele

toots
Thu, Feb-21-02, 23:30
Makar 18
Hi Vickie,

Many thanks for the prompt and great information. I will be using that site often. I'm doing very well despite a setback last Sunday. I got back on the wagon right away and I'm not worse for the wear!
I tried to log in several times but couldn't get through so I am hoping that you get this mesage.
Thanks to all the members of the group for keeping me focused and hopeful.
I feel very safe in your company because you are all supportive and non-judgemental.
How are you doing?

Toots

Makar18
Thu, Feb-21-02, 23:39
You're welcome. I myself have had a few setbacks, and can't seem to get back into it. I have good intentions everyday, but seem to have problems during the evenings. But at least I haven't given up like I did last time. I can do this and will do this. Just have to get more determination.

Vickie

ADELE
Fri, Feb-22-02, 06:23
Hi,
Hope everyone is well !!
Toots,
Looks like we are on the same track. Starting out the same weight and we both lost the same amount. I've been on this since 1/7, so u are doing great. Keep up the good work.

Anyone else doing a journal ? I'm trying to start one.

Annah.....Where r ya girl ?

Have a successful day.. :wave:

murpel
Sat, Feb-23-02, 18:38
So glad that everyone is reading, sharing and asking questions!
In reply to as many questions to me as I can remember/answer....
I have been on Atkins since March 2001. I have lost a total of 47lbs,I think, no calc avail. I try to stay within 25-30 carbs a day, which includes the heavy cream for my coffee, the lc bars, everything. My hubby, trying to be nice, just picked up 2lbs of pistacheos! Oh No!!!! I'll try to be a good girl.
I'm hoping that this weekend I'll get the new pic taken-same dress, less of me!
I do believe that the lc bars are adding to the problem with my stall. I am eating more than I was before. Sometimes as many as one a day. I'll have to try cutting them out to see if that's what's doing it. Before I was keeping it to maybe two a week.
Been busy, entered a bowling tourn this weekend. I'll let you know if I did any good.
Hope all had a great week!
Still stuck on 156 and drinking the water like there's a drought!
Take care and I'll catch up soon!
Keep up the wonderful news everyone!!!!!
Murp

toots
Wed, Feb-27-02, 02:47
hi all: help!

Have written several posts over several days but none gets through. Hope this one will get through.

After I post the message a request appears for my user name and password. but after I enter that info, my post disappears.

Can anyone help?

I'm eager to talk to all of you!

Toots

murpel
Sat, Mar-02-02, 00:22
Hi there,
I'm no expert, but I had that problem. I had to allow this site in my security settings in my internet properties. You may want to check that!
Murp

Jujo
Sat, Mar-02-02, 03:30
Adele,

You and I seem to have alot in common, I've been on the Atkins diet since January and I have been yo-yoing for 6 weeks now. I have only recently lost 14lbs and am a bit fed up. My husband on the other hand has lost 26lbs in the same amount of time and does no exercise, I work my butt off to l loose a pound.

I think that we've got about the same to loose, get in touch for a chat

:spin:

toots
Sun, Mar-03-02, 01:33
Hi everyone:

It's great to have all of you around.

You're great inspiration and confirmation that it can be done. It's good to know that when I'm struggling to stay away from the chocolate cookies, one of you is probably doing the same thing so I'm not alone.

I'll be thinking of you next time I walk into the kitchen.

Thanx all

murpel
Sun, Mar-03-02, 14:15
it's been a while. I've been on a very strange schedule. Lots of loss of sleep! I'm almost back to normal now.
Picked up my Marine son at the airport yesterday. He's here for approx 30 days between stations. Ate two 12oz bags of nuts at work the other night/morning. Then yesterday, I ate a whole bag of popcorn. oh well, so long as I wasn't eating sugar! Ate right otherwise. Probably not drinking enough water, tryin to stay awake I overdid the coffee. I'm sure I'll work through this as well! weight is still holding, so that's good. Better than gaining.
OK, son is cooking bacon & eggs for bfast, gotta go.
Keep up the good work and keep shareing!
Drink lots o' water!
Murp

SD1
Sun, Mar-03-02, 19:37
HI EVERYBODY.

SORRY I HAVE NOT WRITTEN IN A WHILE BUT I HAVE BEEN REALLY BUSY. I STARTED GOING BACK TO THE GYM 2 DAYS AGO NOW THAT MY DAUGHTER DOES NOT MIND GOING TO THE DAYCARE THEY HAVE. MY HUSBAND USED TO GO WITH ME BUT WE ARE ON DIFFERENT WORK SCHEDULES SO I STARTED TAKING MY MOM WITH ME. IT GIVES US SOME QUALITY TIME TOGETHER AND I DON'T FEEL SO BORED. I'VE LOST ANOTHER 2 LBS. BUT HOPEFULLY THINGS WILL PICK UP SINCE I AM EXERCISING FOR AN HOUR EVERYDAY EXCEPT FOR SUNDAY. THAT IS WHEN I WILL GO TO CHURCH AND PRAY I WILL LOSE MORE. WE DID GO FOR A NICE WALK TODAY. ANYWAY KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK . I WAS THINKING ABOUT DOING THE FAT FAST TO KICK UP MY METOBOLISM . ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY OPINIONS ON THIS?

MURPEL,

YOU SEEM TO BE DOING GREAT. I CAN'Y WAIT TO SEE AN UPDATED PICTURE OF YOU. HAVE ANY POINTERS YOU WANT TO SHARE ? MAYBE AN EXAMPLE OF A DAILY MENU. ARE YOU EXERCISING?

SEE YOU ALL LATER!!!!!! :wave:

Princesspp
Mon, Mar-11-02, 16:26
I would love to give support as well as have support given???
Can I play too??? My goal shows as 145 (boy it's been alota years). I would truly love to make 140 just for alittle comfort range, but I would be absolutely off of this earth at 145...

I have been working at my new way of eating for the last 1.5 years... (went off the wagon over the holidays :nono: )
and had lost 40 pounds prior to the holidays and then they hit... I am very proud that I had maintained over them with all the parties and dinners, but as of January 1st, I've been working on getting back on track... and every once in a while I get a bump on the head - falling off the wagon again... :lol: as I love food ... but have changed my ideas to more healthy foods.

I try to keep an Upbeat mood about the accidental downfalls; but having extra support would be wonderful...

If you choose to let me play with you, I would be really a good support partner!! :D

See ya later!
Sally

SD1
Mon, Mar-11-02, 19:48
HEY EVERYONE,

I SEEM TO BE HEARING LESS AND LESS FROM EVERYONE. I HAVE HAVEN'T BEEN POSTING AS MUCH BECAUSE I DON'T FEEL WEAK ANYMORE. I FEEL LIKE I CAN DO THIS WITHOUT TOO MUCH TEMPTATION NOW. I STILL LOVE HEARING FROM EVERYONE. I HOPE ALL OF YOU ARE HANGING IN THERE. I BOUGHT THE SOMMERSIZING BOOK LAST YEAR AND I FINALLY GOT AROUND TO READING IT. HAS ANYONE TRIED THAT? GOOD RESULTS ANYONE? I CAN'T IMAGINE GETTING OFF OF INDUCTION. I AM STILL GOING TO THE GYM AND THE POUNDS ARE COMING OFF SLOWER NOW, BUT I FEEL A DIFFERENCE EVERYDAY. I CAN ALMOST FIT INTO MY SIZE 14 JEANS. ANYWAY, KEEP IT UP AND HOPEFULLY WE WILL ALL BE WEARING THONG BY THE SUMMER!!!!! :D
SD1

ADELE
Wed, Mar-13-02, 12:13
Sorry I haven't been in touch lately. I'm having a little medical problem that has my mind elsewhere. Been good with my food, except I've been eating yogurt everyday. I'm on antibiotics and don't want a yeast infection. Lost 2 more lbs.

Hope everyone is doing well. I will try to post more often now. I'm scheduled for minor surgery 3/20 and will have more time to play with the computer while I'm recouping...Take care gang !!!

murpel
Sat, Apr-13-02, 14:01
Sorry it's been too long .... been very busy, have had company....still at 156 and holding. This is after overdoing carbs and a little sugar on what seems to be a regular basis.
The only excersise I am getting right now, is bowling 3 times a week, and stairs at work. As soon as the company leaves, I'll be starting an excercise program.
As for hints, you shouldn't go by what is working for me.....
I don't eat breakfast,
I drink coffee with heavy whipping cream and sweet n low
I have meat and salad for lunch, I eat pisacheo's and sunflower seeds most of the day, I drink as much water as I possibly can. Most nights I don't eat dinner, if I do, it's bacon and eggs, or steak & salad, or a lc bar, or more nuts, or cheese and summer saugage. I also eat a whole bag of popcorn on occasion, or toast with peanut butter on occasion. When I'm not feeling good, I also have on occasion had chicken noodle soup sans the noodles. I am not a poster person for Atkins, as I adapt the diet to suit my lifestyle, instead of the other way around. I feel the main reason that I have gotten this far is the water I drink. I am expecting to reach goal this summer when my water intake will be the highest. That was when I lost the most weight during the year I have been lc.
Hope this discourages you from trying to do it my way! LOL! The only hints that I can give you is to be sure you count all carbs, and know where you are on a daily basis at all times. I also do have about 10 stawberries with whipping cream (vanilla and splenda) on occasion, sugar free jello, and atkins endulge chocolate bars. If I blow it, I try to stay away from sugar or starch (bread/potatoes) and only overdo carbs. The sugar really makes me feel ill now, and then I end up running to the bathroom for a while.
keep up the good work,
and
Keep drinking the Water!
Murp