PDA

View Full Version : Angry at myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lataisha
Mon, May-15-06, 19:59
This weekend my son was baptised and we had a big family dinner.... Need I say more?... I ate like a pig that was about to be slaughtered!! I lost ten pounds but i gained 5 back.. Im so frustrated with myself... I was on my second week of induction and i was doing very well... like i said i lost ten pounds.. do i have to do induction all over again?? Tomm. morning where do i start?? UUGGGHHHH... Im so mad at myself, i was doing so good and i blew it. damn it!!!! :tears:

hakimaj
Mon, May-15-06, 20:27
Hey - don't be too angry at yourself. Take it as a lesson - to have a plan in place for things like this. At family gatherings I always have some low carb food beforehand, so I'm not starving. And I've even brought SF jello and the like before so I could have a dessert while everyone else was having pie and saying how great it was that I'd lost so much weight - they wish they could too - like they didn't think it was possible. :lol:
Is there family pressure to eat carbs?? Or family tension that you've dealt with in the past by eating?
Today is a new day and you can recommit to low-carb. You might consider this the new 1st day of induction and do 2 weeks straight.
Good luck and back at it!
:)

maddison27
Mon, May-15-06, 20:36
Don't worry just get back on the wagon and don't look back.Everyone has days like this, and next time you will be stronger.You have accomplished a great goal just by starting this and wanting to improve your health don't get discouraged now.Tommorrow is another great low carbing day, keep your chin up and your mind focused on your goal.good-Luck.

lataisha
Tue, May-16-06, 06:09
I just want to thank you guy's for being so supportive, it is a thing that when i'm stressed i eat, my mom and myself havent been getting along very well in the last couple of weeks so i guess thats where my eating comes in. It actually feels like i am addicted to pasta and bread!!? I went through withdrawl like if it was a drug! My cousin is on atkins also and she told me that it actually is like and addiction. Well i am preparing myself to go through it again because i pigged out on carbs. But here I go again. I have a skirt that is a size 10 and im a size 18, that is my motivation to get into atleast by september. Pray for my strength. God bless you all... love u guys :wave:

Elizellen
Tue, May-16-06, 10:08
If you were only eating offplan for one meal then you don't have to restart counting your 14-day induction from day one now!
If we had to do that some of us would never complete induction and move on to the other stages of Atkins!!

So count today as your next day on induction, and on day 15 compare your 14 days loss with the chart in DANDR (chapter 13) to see how resistant you are to weightloss and read that chapter of the book to help you decide whether you want to stay on induction for a few weeks more or move straight to OWL.

lataisha
Tue, May-16-06, 12:16
thank you guys for all the advice and support, if it had not been for this forum i would still be at the place that i was before starting atkins... i have no support at home and this is the only place that i can go for advice and for feeling helped. thank you!

LilaCotton
Tue, May-16-06, 16:11
The best thing I can offer is to just hang in there! I won't say 'Don't look back' though, because you should occasionally look back and evaluate the situation and use it for a learning tool to help you better succeed in the future. :)

We've always had a rule around our house--never go anywhere unless you're packin', and by that I mean make sure you have a full stash of cheeses, nuts, meat sticks, etc. for in case you can't find enough of the right food to eat. (And personally I don't care if a person is on Induction, a packet of smoked almonds is better than a piece of pie. ;))

Anyca
Tue, May-16-06, 16:48
hey lataisha, welcome to lcing.. and hey girl i see you are in nj .. how ya doing neighbor! what part are you in..
keep up the great work!

hakimaj
Tue, May-16-06, 18:56
Hi Lataisha,
Emotional things can definitely come up when we break our addictive patterns with food. I remember when I first lost that I actually freaked out and got off of the diet until I got some things worked out. Its going to feel great to break that cycle.
I look forward to you writing about wearing your size 10!!

lataisha
Tue, May-16-06, 19:26
thanks guys, especially hakimaj!!! Even though we dont know each other personally u are a inspiration to me!! You always answer my questions and i really appreciate that... thank you!!! and anyca, i live in monmouth county, a small town named keyport!!! How are you and good luck with your lcing... god bless u all and i will let ya'll know when i get into that size 10 that i havent seen since 8t grade.... love u guys