PDA

View Full Version : Low Carb count Question?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LadyBugs
Thu, May-11-06, 13:49
Hi I am new to counting carbs. I do not want to limit myself to 20-45 carbs per day. I want to stay between 50-99 carbs per day. The Zone Diet is like a 40-30-30 diet. They recommend 99 carb limit. Just need others experiences, comments, advice ..Please respond
Laura
PS Any good Hamberger recipes that I can use for my George Foreman Grill? TIA

JaneDough
Thu, May-11-06, 13:56
Since you asked...

Why not try the Zone the way it's written? If it's like other LC plans, you gradually increase your carb intake and can tailor it to your needs after you understand how things work for you individually. If you trust the plan as a template, I recommend you give it a fair shot before making modifications. Totally your call, of course, but worth considering.

We have a stellar recipe section here; check it out. You may never turn off your grill again. :D

bkloots
Thu, May-11-06, 14:36
I agree with Jane. It's a benefit to follow a plan as written for a period of time, and then work out the variations that suit you.

Dr. Atkins recommended this, which is why the Atkins plan consists of four phases. The third phase, called pre-maintenance, is where you determine which foods on the carbohydrate ladder are your particular favorites, and design your menu to include them.