PDA

View Full Version : Low Carb Vitamin Rich Food/Vegetables

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Nando
Mon, May-08-06, 18:40
Ok guys I need some help if possible.

Can someone please give me examples of low carb foods/vegetables that are rich in vitamins, antioxidant and all that good stuff that helps you avoid colds/flus etc. ?

Don't list semi high carb ones as I plan to do induction for a very long time.

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

LilaCotton
Tue, May-09-06, 00:23
The tool that helped me the most with this kind of thing is www.fitday.com

You'll probably want a multi-vitamin (without iron), but basically you'll find plenty of potassium in meat (average 100 mg per ounce), celery and brassicas; vitamin A in spinach; folate in any green leafy veggie like spinach, lettuce, parsley, etc. Red bell peppers and tomatoes are good sources of vitamin C. Eggs are awesome for selenium.

I was just taking a look at today's FitDay to figure out where on earth I got all the vitamin A. Red sweet peppers have a lot of that, too.

MeBLady
Tue, May-09-06, 06:54
Ok guys I need some help if possible.

Can someone please give me examples of low carb foods/vegetables that are rich in vitamins, antioxidant and all that good stuff that helps you avoid colds/flus etc. ?

Don't list semi high carb ones as I plan to do induction for a very long time.

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

In addition to the veggies that Lila listed, drinking green tea is a great way to load on the antioxidants. Also, supplementing with Alpha Lipoic Acid, CoQ10, Vit. E (with tocopheriols and tocotrienols), and Vit. C is a very powerful combo of antioxidants that work together to keep you healthy.