PDA

View Full Version : Exercise??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rocky80
Mon, May-08-06, 01:57
On the low carb diet should i be doing more resistance training and weights rather that cardio?? Which will help me lose more weight and faster?

Meg_S
Mon, May-08-06, 06:25
I think a mixture of both is good. I personally have no use for slow cardio except as a means of transportation...but HIIT is the best. I love sprints on stairs and the shape that it puts my lower body in. Everyone should resistance train, and it doesn't necessarily have to be with weights. You can really hit your body hard with bodyweight exercises at home or out of doors.

If you train hard you may not lose POUNDS faster but you will get smaller and shaplier much faster. What is more important to you, a number on the scale or how you look in the mirror and fit into that skimpy lingerie?

Twin Mama
Mon, May-08-06, 06:43
If you have to pick one, I would pick weight training. It has the most impact on your body, more muscle means your metabolism burns more calories. It also really shapes your body quicker, more compact body, lose inches. I use the book Weight training made Easy by Joyce Verdal 4 times a week for 30 minutes.

I also try to get in some cardio as well, exercise bike, walking etc. Low carb, weight training and cardio is the best combination. But just low carb and weight training will help.

bkloots
Mon, May-08-06, 06:54
I agree with both posters so far!:lol:

I'd suggest some of each, on alternate days. You need to give your muscles a rest after weight training, and cardio will give you a fat-burning boost in the meantime. However, if time is totally restricted, weight training will burn a few cals and also give you the shape you want once the fat goes away.

A home workout tape I enjoy is Jari Love's Ripped. It's a total body workout in about half an hour, with minimal equipment--hand weights will work. She gives excellent form pointers. For cardio, a brisk walk is good for starters. When you're ready, break into a run from time to time, and call it HIIT--High Intensity Intervals.

Best wishes.

Kristine
Mon, May-08-06, 07:02
I'd vote both, too, and the more important thing is that you find activities you enjoy doing. Do a little bit at a time, don't crash and burn. You'll have wasted your time if you burn yourself out and give up.

Have fun. :cool: