PDA

View Full Version : induction help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lataisha
Fri, May-05-06, 06:41
I have been on the atkins diet for about three day's now and i feel and see a difference in the saixe of my stomach already!! I have read the book but i also wanna know from the people who have done it for themselves, how long is it safe to stay on the induction?? And for breakfast i have a few strips of bacon boiled eggs water string cheese. inbetween meals i have water water water maybe a boiled egg or two or some canned tuna, and for lunch i will have a piece of grilled chicken or a turkey burger with cheese and oh yeah diet jello all day long to give me a sence of eating something sweet!! For dinner i will have baked or pan fried with out flour or breading steak... If there are other things and food that has worked for you please feel free to let me know cause it's ok to read the book but to have actual people that you can talk to tell you what was best for them i think is a little better!!!! Thank you every one, and i am so glad that we have a web site like this to help and encourage each other...... I haven't weighed myself as of yet,, i think it is too soon for me to do that, so what i have decided was that on the third of each month i would weigh myself.. Does that sound like a good idea??

Elizellen
Fri, May-05-06, 07:51
What a good idea to only weigh once a month!! So many new Atkineers fall into the trap of weighing daily - even several times a day - and get upset when they see a fluctuation which is perfectly normal for all of us.

Which edition of Dr Atkins books are you following?
I ask this because in the recent editions (1999 onwards) he tells us to eat 3 cups of vegetables from a set list of low GI ones and you dont seem to be eating any veggies at all!!

He also tells us we should be getting over half of our carbs from our vegetables!
And to spread them through the day to even out any blood sugar spikes.

The rest of your menus sound fine to me!

I see you are eating diet jello - do you know what sweetener is used in it? Dr Atkins suggests a list of allowed sweeteners and from what I have read on these boards you do have to choose a brand which does not have aspartame.

Also he tells us to eat only 3 servings of sweetener a day - so if you are really eating diet jello 'all day' you will probably be overdoing the sweeteners!! Particularly if you have sweetener in your drinks!

Personally I didnt eat anything with artificial sweeteners all through induction which resulted in my killing off my sweet tooth completely!!

lataisha
Fri, May-05-06, 08:05
thank you, i checked the labels of the jello and i also use crystal light and lipton green tea to go and it says that the crystal light is flavored with aspartame the jello has aspartame and the green tea has slenda brand acesulfame in it so are they bad because if so i dont wanna use them.

HarlieLadi
Fri, May-05-06, 08:29
Sound like you are eating excelent. I have lost over 134 pounds and i eat sugar free jello with equal, i hate splenda and sweet and low, and i have lost great.
I eat all the meat eggs and cheese I want. I do not eat any bread or sugar or any vegtable yellow or white vegtables....

i do cheat every now and then but if i do, i just get right back on it. I eat at moms every friday night.

i weight about every 3 weeks at a scale at work in the weight room...
i started a journal and that really helps. I wish you the best.

yummy i wish i had some sugar free jello at work today, sounds good....
i am out at home too....