PDA

View Full Version : Strange but true

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Yes I Will
Fri, May-05-06, 06:34
I have not lost weight in two weeks. Two weeks ago I could not fit into a size 14 Rider jean. Never mind zip them the botton was two inches apart. Yesterday not only did I wear the size 14 Rider jean they are a little loose on the waist.

Something is going in the right direction :D

lataisha
Fri, May-05-06, 06:53
congrats, keep up the good work... What have u been doing, i sure could use some advice

rodeo417
Fri, May-05-06, 07:07
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: yay it feels good to get into that pair of tight jeans that you couldnt in the beginning!

Elizellen
Fri, May-05-06, 07:56
That is one of the weird things about weight loss - we often lose inches when the scales do not budge!
One good reason for taking measurements before we start changing our eating regime is so that during those scale-freezes we can see results with our inches lost and not be tempted to throw in the towel!

Yes I Will
Fri, May-05-06, 11:06
congrats, keep up the good work... What have u been doing, i sure could use some advice

I stick to Atkins. No cheating, I drink lots of water, I make sure I get lots of fiber. I walk every day. EVERY DAY I started with short little walks now I never do less then two miles. I normally do 4 but lately I am doing it faster and have done 5 miles a few times.

The veggies are the hard part for me, if I am not following the plan it is not enough veggies on some days. I have had nothing with sugar in it since 3-6-06. I read every label and I log everything I eat in to www.fitday.com.

This has gotten so easy for me to stick to. I am never hungry and no longer crave sweets. In fact I make turn overs and milk shakes for my husband who needs to gain weight and am not even tempted to try them.

mike_d
Fri, May-05-06, 13:27
That's dedication.

LilaCotton
Fri, May-05-06, 17:37
The reason "Atkins" becomes so easy to stick with is because simply put, it fixes a lot of problems our previous carb-craving bodies had. When I first started oh-so-long ago it about killed me to walk by the bakery section of the grocery store. Within a month I could walk by, sniff and think, 'hmmm, that smells kind of good' and walk right on by.

When I failed at diets before I always thought it was because I had no will power. The simple truth was, I was always hungry--had nothing to do with will power, just that I had no inclination to starve. "Atkins" didn't teach me will power, either. It just made it possible for me to actually eat food and lose weight at the same time, and cured my cravings in the process.

klindley77
Sat, May-06-06, 00:35
I have not lost weight in two weeks. Two weeks ago I could not fit into a size 14 Rider jean. Never mind zip them the botton was two inches apart. Yesterday not only did I wear the size 14 Rider jean they are a little loose on the waist.

Something is going in the right direction :D

I have just the opposite problem ,I have lost 16 pounds so far ,but not one inch!! :cry: Congrats to you!!! :cheer: :Party:

Wish I was able to walk as much as you do ! It must reallly be helping :agree: :thup:

Elizellen
Sat, May-06-06, 02:23
When I failed at diets before I always thought it was because I had no will power. The simple truth was, I was always hungry--had nothing to do with will power, just that I had no inclination to starve.
"Atkins" didn't teach me will power, either. It just made it possible for me to actually eat food and lose weight at the same time, and cured my cravings in the process.
Well said, Lila!! :thup:
That sums it up for me too!! :agree: