PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to 139

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Herald
Wed, Jan-09-02, 05:39
Hullo to all :wave:

I'm looking for anyone who's interested in being my buddy for my trek from 198 to 139 (or "under 10 stone" as we say in England ;))

I did Aitkins once before, until moving house and changing jobs gave me an excuse to start eating crisps (US chips) in great quantities again.

I'm on day 2, so still going through sugar cravings, but this forum is wonderful support, thankyou :)

Regards

Herald

agonycat
Wed, Jan-09-02, 08:12
Herald, my starting weight was 192 and now I am down to 155 currently. I started back in April of last year. I am on my way down to 130 at this point but would be more than happy to support you in your efforts since we almost had the same starting and ending weights ;)

I went on OWL from August to November to find my target carb allowance. Then in November/December timeframe I kind of goofed off :rolleyes:

Anyway I started induction on Jan 2 so I have another week on it.

You will want to start a journal to help you keep track of daily eating patterns, carb counts, excercise, how the diet is making you feel etc.

Herald
Thu, Jan-10-02, 04:56
Having seen your photos I'd be honoured to have your support :D

I'm not sure how good I'l be at a journal, but I'll give it a go.

I'm not sure about recording my food, but thoughts and feelings I can do :)

Herald

agonycat
Thu, Jan-10-02, 14:03
Trust me ;) Record your food consumption.

If for some reason you stall or don't lose weight. The long term members of the forum can take a look at your eating patterns and figure out what may be causing it.

It could be something as small as a nut to protein bars. :)

Just make notes and update it after the day is through. That way you can look back in a couple of months and see where you were. You may also want to jot down some measurements. I have some in my journal if you want to see what I am keeping track of.

Not that you have to publish them for the world to see. You can keep them on your computer in a text file if you wish for reference later.

:) Happy low carbin buddy!

press
Sun, Feb-10-02, 12:52
Hi My name is Pat and My all time goal is 135 but right now I am working to get to 139. I have been bouncing around in the 140s for too long.

AgonyCat we have similar stats and I was wondering if you are still eating 60-65% Fat, 30-35% Protein and 5-10% carbs and staying below 10 x your goal weight for calories.

Or now that you are closer to goal have you changed your percentages and calorie intak? If so what are they and how are they working for you?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Jo-Ann 2
Sun, Feb-10-02, 14:34
I would love to see 139, my goal is similar to yours Pat. I've never tried a thread that had a number attached to it.
But it would be great to be with some girls that are aiming for the same number. I noticed that there was nearly a month between the initial post. Are you still out there Herald and agonycat. Hope you pop back in, Pat and I are waiting for you.
139 here we come
Yours Truely Jo-Ann :wave:

nOcaRbgurL
Sat, Feb-16-02, 14:52
Hello everyone,
I'm looking forward to getting down to 140lbs, but also surpassing that and getting down to my desired weight of 130lbs. I've been LCing for officially without breaking down and cheating for 8 days. I feel very good and i lost 8lbs!! I know that much of it could be water, but i actually feel really good about myself and i'm determined to keep going. I'm in this struggle with you guys if you need me, keep me posted!!

murpel
Sat, Aug-17-02, 11:59
Hi all,
I don't get the chance to get on too often, however, when I do, I try to catch a thread with my goals. I am on a count down to 140, which is near enough to 139 for me. I have been low carbing since March of 01. I hit a major plateau in November of 01, and sat at 156 for what seemed like forever. I convinced myself that I could be happy at that weight forever if I would just not gain any back. I quit getting on the scale in January 02. For some reason (perhapse I felt the fear of weight gain) at the end of July, I stepped back on the scale. Low and behold, I found that I had actually lost 3lbs. I know that doesn't sound like much, but when you've been on a stall as long as 9 mos, I felt like celebrating. Since then I have lost another 3lbs. As of Friday August 16, I am down to 150!!! I haven't changed anything, and have been "cheating" quite a bit this month with vacation and dinner funcitons for work. I feel that I am back on track now though, and still feel as if I'm on top of the world. I don't keep track of my fat/carb etc intake, I just try to eat either low carb, or limit the amount of "cheat' foods I have every day. I don't have low carb bars more than once or twice a week, and try not to have Atkins endulge bars more than once every two or three days. If you would like to contact me other than the forum here, catch me on line either aol im's or yahoo im's. Please identify yourself as a low carber though, as I get a lot of junk at work and home that I just ignore.
Good luck, happy LCing, and keep drinking LOTS of water!!!!!
Murpel :wave: