PDA

View Full Version : seasoning on meat and egg fast?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

deecbee
Thu, May-04-06, 16:16
are they reccommended or no? what exactly is the harm in adding seasoning, i thought they contributed little to no carbs to the food?

Rosebud
Thu, May-04-06, 17:50
are they reccommended or no? what exactly is the harm in adding seasoning, i thought they contributed little to no carbs to the food?
As I have told others, the so called "meat and egg fast" is not a published plan, it is merely a made up "fast" created by a member of another board. So essentially that means you can do whatever you wish on it. ;)

Personally, I'd follow the good advice given by LisaN in the "sticky" thread at the top of this forum. Lots of ways given to help break a stall there.

Rosebud:rose:

Donna I.
Sat, May-06-06, 08:59
I am eating M&E, but it's not a fast for me, it is just the way I eat. Basicly, induction without veggies. I have been doing this for almost 3 months and I feel great. I eat pretty much the same meats that I always did, always with some kind of seasonings or LC type sauce.
I have been losing about 1 pound every two or three days, with a few exceptions if I eat the wrong thing (wrong like SF chocolate!) Also, I just had a small stall for 11 days, even though I have been eating fine. I think my body needed some adjustment time.

Flutterby
Tue, May-16-06, 00:02
The few times I have done this fast I still used seasonings and butter to cook meats in. I also used LC sauces like LC ketchup and bernaise sauce. I usually lost 4lbs in 3 days. But I also didn't do the eggs just meat.

Ayustar
Tue, May-16-06, 00:06
I use all sorts of seasonings, it makes things interesting *not that meat and eggs are boring.* I stay away from anything with salt in it though, I use a substitute. It helps with water retention which throws off the scale if you use one *and makes you feel bloated and crappy*

So yeah, use all sorts of them, hot sauce is awesome if you get one with no added salt, sugar or anything like that. Fresh are good as well as dried. Hasn't bothered me.