PDA

View Full Version : Sugar free jello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bpergakis
Wed, Jan-09-02, 03:10
I have a giant sweet tooth. In order to feed the beast (my sweet tooth) I have been making sugar free jello. At most, I will eat two "batches" a week. Should I limit how much I eat of this sugar free jello? Along with the jello I have been drinking the sugar free Crystal Light mixes. Some days I will drink more of the Crystal Light than water. Should I limit the intake of Crystal Light? I know these are two questions, sorry.

K-Louise
Wed, Jan-09-02, 03:22
Sugar Free jello is allowed during induction on Atkins plan. HOWEVER, you will need to gauge your body's reaction to this. Artificial Sweeteners can cause weight loss to slow in some people.

The new Atkins books recommends a limit of 3 packets of Splenda a day (which I guess would also be or 3 serves of AS product).

Avoid aspartame (look for code #951).

Personally, everyone has a different view on the diet drinks. For me, can't beat good old fashioned ice water. Even if you do drink the diet drinks, you should still consume your water 8 or more glasses a day depending on your weight.

It comes down to you making the decision based on what works for you, and what you are willing to give up or not.

Good luck with it :D

Kim

cosima22
Fri, Jan-11-02, 07:42
It comes down to you making the decision based on what works for you, and what you are willing to give up or not.

K-
I LOVE that! Sometimes we intellectualize ourselves in our diets. The proof is in the mirror and in the way we FEEL. You are so right that what works for us has to overrule what we crave, what we think, what we feel is a good compromise.

Thank you :D

Karen
Fri, Jan-11-02, 11:18

...and if you're not willing to to stop eating certain things after researching the ins-and-outs, be prepared to live with any consequences that come out of your decision.

Karen

Makar18
Sat, Jan-12-02, 20:33
Speaking of artificial sweeteners....I drink Dt. Mt. Dew that's made with aspartame. I know one of the reasons Dr. Atkins don't want you to consume it is because of the potential safety issue and because it can spike insulin response. But if I have lost 25 lbs in a month (yes, on induction), does that mean it's not something that bothers me? I am planning on doing away with this habit as soon as my supply runs out, but was just curious.

Thanks,

Vickie

Karen
Sat, Jan-12-02, 22:26
Artificial sweetener slow downs can happen early in the game, late in the game, or not at all. You never know!

Karen

Makar18
Sat, Jan-12-02, 22:32
Thanks, Karen. So in a week, when my supply runs out, I'll be aspartame free and also caffeine free since that's the only I do that has caffeine in it. Goodbye poisons, hello caffeine withdrawal headaches. :wave:

Vickie