PDA

View Full Version : Gain Weight /TOM

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

klindley77
Wed, May-03-06, 06:51
Good morning
I was just wondering if if anyone else has gained weight while on Atkins ,during their TOM?and if so ,whats the average weight gain? :help:

TIA!!!!!
:wave:

MeBLady
Wed, May-03-06, 07:10
Good morning
I was just wondering if if anyone else has gained weight while on Atkins ,during their TOM?and if so ,whats the average weight gain? :help:

TIA!!!!!
:wave:

It isn't uncommon for someone to gain around five pounds of water weight during, or right before, TOM. Don't worry, it will come right back off when TOM is over :-)

Paleoanth
Wed, May-03-06, 07:17
I usually put on 2-3 pounds. Then, about a week afterward, I lose that plus a little bit more.

MissSherry
Wed, May-03-06, 09:06
I gain anywhere from 1-4 lbs...

Galadriell
Wed, May-03-06, 09:55
4-6 (!!) lbs but only for 3 days.

klindley77
Wed, May-03-06, 18:40
Thanks for all your replys! feel much better now:)

LilaCotton
Wed, May-03-06, 19:16
Just to let you know, you may also find you'll gain the same amount of water weight when you ovulate. This isn't quite as common as the gain during TOM but it does happen, so if your weight inexplicably goes up at another time that could be why.