PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CKP2005
Fri, Apr-28-06, 07:53
Hi All

I'm going away for the weekend and no doubt my husband will be having a drink or two. I don't drink much at all however, it would be nice to have the odd one or two. Any ideas on some low carb drinks. I like gin, white wine and lager, thats about it (totally cheap date!!!!) do they do a low carb lager or have I just dreamt that one????

KellyD
Fri, Apr-28-06, 13:55
Finally, I have seen a few posts/questions about alcohol! I have been feeling like the resident drunk on the site! Just kidding, but yes, I have looked them up.
Vodka zero, (mix with diet tonic or anything diet for that matter, check the carb label as usual) Wine....white or red 3 grams per glass (or 6 if you have my size goblet) lite beer, 6. If it is still true, seven years ago, Miller lite had the lowest carbs.
Have Fun!!! Kelly

Elizellen
Sat, Apr-29-06, 07:07
Just the usual comment here - your body will use that alcohol as fuel and store the fat/protein/carbs you eat for later use, so you may well experience a 'stall' in weightloss after drinking alcohol. Depending on how much 'fuel' you provide from your drinks you might not lose weight for the next few days.
It is a question of deciding if the delay in losing weight is worth the drinking!!!
Oh - and ketostix will register that alcohol as ketones, so dont judge whether you are still in ketosis by the stick reading alone!

CKP2005
Tue, May-02-06, 02:22
well i'm back and i didn't do too badly, i must admit i did think damn it and have some fun but all i had all weekend were 3 halves of lager, 1 250ml glass of wine and 1 bottle of budweiser. that is saturday, sunday and monday. how many grams is that about 1000??? I did have some other sins (for me anyway) and was dreading getting on the scales, however I have not put anything back on which is a GOOD thing. I had stalled slightly however I have got back into the swing and am now back on track again.

don't worry KellyD, my husband is the type to have a couple of beers or glasses of wine most nights so it is killing me, especially now the sun is starting to shine and it is getting lighter at night and spring is on its way, one of the best things is sitting outside in the early evening with a cold beer.....aaaagghhh! i've got 2 weeks on holiday in Turkey coming up and the beer is really cold over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jennifunk
Tue, May-02-06, 04:47
i was worrying about the same thing all last week, i had a party on saturday night and i had vodka and diet 7up, when the nibbles came out i had cocktail sausages and i didnt gain anything, so im delighted ! any other eating plan and i would have been up weight.

Elizellen
Tue, May-02-06, 11:57
Well done both of you to be able to carry on lowcarbing!!