PDA

View Full Version : Meatza

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tamarian
Mon, Jan-07-02, 23:11
Auto generated link to page (Please do not remove): http://www.lowcarb.ca/karen/recipe059.html

kathyp
Sat, Apr-06-02, 09:11
Karen, as soon as I saw this recipe I knew I might survive low carb dieting in eastern europe! I can find these things and even know hungarian words for most of them!

But how I long to try the chicken curry with coconut milk....I will look for the ingredients and let you know how close I come!

Karen
Sat, Apr-06-02, 11:08
Goulash and paprikash can be low carb too!

Karen

PamLaine
Fri, Apr-18-08, 11:43
Thanks Karen. I love this recipe! But is the topping really 40 grams of carbs? That seems high to me.
Pam

bike2work
Fri, Apr-18-08, 13:33
Hi Pam -- I put it into Fitday for you and the carb count came out exactly the same as what Karen posted. 7 g of the 40 g total carb is fiber. The 40 g is for 8 servings. One serving would have only 5 and when you subtract the fiber it will be about 4 g. HTH

Karen hasn't been around lately. :( If you see her anywhere, tell her to come on home!

bike2work
Sun, Oct-03-10, 11:36
I finally tried this last night, albeit with different toppings, and it was delicious. It also looked spectacular; I should have photographed it. I like this much, much better than the pizza quiche recipe that people rave about. This is also easier to make than the pizza quiche or regular pizza.

I don't have a 16" pizza pan so I used a half-sheet (about 17.5" x 12") which worked fine.

kaarren
Sun, Oct-03-10, 11:55
Bike2work, this does sound good! Thanks

rightnow
Sun, Nov-14-10, 15:09
Ground pork is not available to me alas. Do you suppose this would work with ground turkey and ground chuck together? Surely it might. This sounds really good.

PJ

Water Lily
Sun, Nov-14-10, 15:35
I have made it with only ground chuck. Delish.