PDA

View Full Version : Another Question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

klindley77
Wed, Apr-19-06, 14:19
Hello again everyone :wave:

I would first like to say that you have all been such a great help and I appreciate all of your replys agree: This forum also helps pass the time for me ,so that I am not just sitting around waiting for my next meal :yum: I have been off work for 3 months due to a foot operation ,so I wasn't able to exercise till now.which is partly why I put on some weight.Well any way ,the question is this ....during induction , am I allowed to have low carb tortillas?and my 2nd question is ... does PB count as a fat? I realize I shouldn't be having it either during induction ,but it honestly helps me curb my sweet tooth ,believe it or not.

Thanks in advance !!!! :wave: Karen

bkloots
Wed, Apr-19-06, 14:32
Hi, Karen.

Recent editions of Atkins' New Diet Revolution permit the use of low-carb foods as substitutes for "regular" items like tortillas. But they are not on the Induction list. To be honest, most successful veterans of LC lifestyles have learned how to get along without these substitutes. It's part of learning a whole new way of eating for life, and will avoid triggering cravings or allergies that wheat products sometimes cause.

PB (peanut butter?) is not on the induction list either, but if you're happy with your progress adding a little to your menu, okay by me. Use natural peanut butter--no added sugar, and NO TRANS FATS. PB would be considered a nut (it's all peanuts) including whatever fat is in those.

You can check the nutrients by entering peanut butter in Fitday.

klindley77
Wed, Apr-19-06, 16:49
thanks barb:)