PDA

View Full Version : Why Me: Helllllppppp

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

2ndxlastx
Tue, Apr-18-06, 09:16
I started atkins 5 days ago. Within 3 days I had lost close to 7 pounds and was eatting tons of fatty foods.
Yesterday I came back to work and not able to stuff my face all day like I was on the weekend.
This morning (day 5) i got on the scale and it said I gained 2 to 3 lbs.
Now whats wrong with that picture?
Oh yeah I started running yesterday, and also bought those keto strips and it stayed in pink. :help: PLEASE HELP!!:help: I want to stay on atkins because I have read all the great things that its done for many people but WHY NOT ME :confused:

Sunday
Tue, Apr-18-06, 09:27
Whoa, whoa, whoa. If you gained 2-3 pounds overnight, then it physically cannot be fat. If you ate a lot over the weekend, then on Tuesday morning the chances are very good that your body's still processing it all. Those 2-3 pounds will come off as fast as they came on.

This isn't going to be a straight shot down the scale, losing seven pounds every five days. Do yourself a big favor and don't weigh every day. If you consider the scale an infallible oracle, it will just ruin your mood. Everybody's weight fluctuates a little from day to day, and if you absolutely must weigh daily, take the average of seven consecutive days and call that your weight.

Drink your water, plan your meals and eat clean, and the weight will come off. It really isn't magic.

And you lost seven pounds in three days, something a lot of people would LOVE to do. Doesn't that count as a "great thing"?

2ndxlastx
Tue, Apr-18-06, 09:49
Yeah it does, i guess its the whole frustration of weight loss.
I will not weight my self any more til the 14th day, this will keep me from going crazy, and making everybody near me crazy also.
Thanks Sunday

zorra_1
Tue, Apr-18-06, 10:56
After starting up any exercise, I also typically register a gain of 1.5-2.5 pounds the next day...but in the long run it straightens itself out! :)