PDA

View Full Version : Hands up - Who fell off the wagon this Xmas?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

juicyjacki
Mon, Jan-07-02, 07:39
I am truly ashamed to admitting that i did not just fall of the low carb wagon, i jumped off, danced around and flipped the wagon my finger.

I feel so awful now, i originally lost just over 2 stone in 3 months - i have put back just over a stone in 3 weeks of indulgence & no excercise.

I have restarted my diet today, am feeling a hundred different things - ashamed, dissapointed, fat, but at least I know that this WOL for me. I was hoping that my body would not *notice* that i was stuffing my face with quality streets and roast potatoes.

So now i have put my hands up and confessed all .... by the look of the few replies to threads i have a feeeling that a few people have fallen off and are sculking around ashamed to admit that they have done it too...

I have promised myself that 2002 i going to be my year!

rustpot
Mon, Jan-07-02, 11:07
I put one foot off the wagon and dragged it along the ground a bit. Christmas for me would not be the same without Christmas pudding, mince pies, roast potatoes and roast parsnips.

Certainly drank but stayed off the beer (Champagne and single malts ....far less carbs!)

Gained about four pounds over 10 days.. Now back to induction levels and it is coming off again.... so no great problem...just a hiccough which I had pre planned.

fiona
Mon, Jan-07-02, 15:30
I feel a bit pompous and self-righteous but to give myself credit where it is due ... I was very good. Not a single chocolate, or mince pie or potato - now that is not quite true is it? ;) No the truth is: I did buy one rollo at the beginning of December (TOM was bad) and the challenge was to make it last until the end of the year. And I did - I had the last rollo on 31st December and it felt good that I had had one bar of chocolate in my fridge for a whole month.

I did start the New Year with a glass of wine but was disciplined about it.

My worst moments were at the supermarket. Resisting the temptation of all the carbs on offer was a bigggg struggle everytime I went near the shops but it got easier with each battle I won. When I compare last Christmas to this Christmas I really can't believe the transformation.

Thank You LC Forum, Dr Atkins and all those who have listened patiently to my woes over the past months.
Take Care.

Homegirl
Tue, Jan-08-02, 23:36
I jumped off the wagon too! Planned. And I kept track of everything that went in my mouth.

It was a shock to gain 6 lbs in ten days and feel how quickly I began to have that heavy, lethargic feeling. I have been back on the wagon seven days, feeling lighter and more alert again and have 2.5 lbs to get back to my 115 lbs.

I do intend to jump off the wagon again here and there but not for so many days in a row AND I am going to be even more choosy re what goes in my mouth as far as the goodies go.

10stone10
Wed, Jan-09-02, 14:26
I admit I planned to fall off the wagon, just not to the extent I did. I wasn't terrible (no flipping the finger!) but I did more damage than I expected. Still working at getting it off to pre-Christmas levels, but I'm determined!

minimoo
Fri, Jan-11-02, 08:24
Hello Everyone, :wave:

I'm new to this site, but not completely new to WOE.
I did fall off the wagon over Xmas and as of 2nd Jan have got back on and am 1lb away from being back to pre-xmas level. :thup:

However have birthday drinkies planned for this weekend any tips? :q:

Moo