PDA

View Full Version : Brand new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

luvvly_k
Thu, Apr-13-06, 11:37
:wave: Hi. I've come across this site today, and decided to join so I can get more information on low carb, and hopefully encouragement. I, like many others, have battled with weight loss and gain. I started gaining weight at around 10 yrs old, and consistently gained throughout high school, a result of unhealthy meals and constant snacking. I was athletic as a child, but quit all sports when I was about 13, so this, too, contributed to my weight gain. Anyhow, the result was that I weighed over 200 lbs after high school. When I stepped on the scale for the first time in years, I was shocked, and decided I needed to do something. Over the next year, I exercised and calorie-counted, and was able to lose about 45lbs (I wasn't weighing myself consistently). Then, I moved away from home, and was buying my own food, so I was better able to control what kind of food I was eating. I brought my weight down to around 15o, where it's been hovering around for the last couple of years. About a year and a half ago, unwittingly, I dropped about 15lbs by walking every day,eating more protein, and not eating after 6pm. I moved again, and am sharing a house where I do not buy the groceries. I have regained that weight because I have regained the habit of indulging in crackers, cookies and sweets for snacks, and at the same time, became inactive. I have regained the motivation to get down to a more comfortable weight, and have been working out regularly. Now, I need to have my diet assist my efforts. I weigh 147 today. I am starting a low carb lifestyle in an effort to lose the 15 lbs I had regained, and hopefully keep them off this time! I have alot to learn, though, about low carb, cause I've never read any of the books, and this is a first. Any recommendations will be GREATLY appreciated! :help:

Lesle
Thu, Apr-13-06, 14:51
Hello and welcome to the Forum..
..you'll find lots of support and understanding here.

shopgirl28
Thu, Apr-13-06, 14:57
I definitely recommend starting a journal since you're just beginning! I always wished I had started one from the get-go. Congratulations on your losses so far and cheers to the new you!

MissieA
Thu, Apr-13-06, 19:31
Welcome.....I recommend reading Dr. Atkins books. Very interesting and extemely informative.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10722;104;0;1/c/174.2/t/135/s/182.5/k/3b35/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

Gymrat
Thu, Apr-13-06, 21:12
:wave: Hi. I've come across this site today, and decided to join so I can get more information on low carb, and hopefully encouragement. I, like many others, have battled with weight loss and gain. I started gaining weight at around 10 yrs old, and consistently gained throughout high school, a result of unhealthy meals and constant snacking. I was athletic as a child, but quit all sports when I was about 13, so this, too, contributed to my weight gain. Anyhow, the result was that I weighed over 200 lbs after high school. When I stepped on the scale for the first time in years, I was shocked, and decided I needed to do something. Over the next year, I exercised and calorie-counted, and was able to lose about 45lbs (I wasn't weighing myself consistently). Then, I moved away from home, and was buying my own food, so I was better able to control what kind of food I was eating. I brought my weight down to around 15o, where it's been hovering around for the last couple of years. About a year and a half ago, unwittingly, I dropped about 15lbs by walking every day,eating more protein, and not eating after 6pm. I moved again, and am sharing a house where I do not buy the groceries. I have regained that weight because I have regained the habit of indulging in crackers, cookies and sweets for snacks, and at the same time, became inactive. I have regained the motivation to get down to a more comfortable weight, and have been working out regularly. Now, I need to have my diet assist my efforts. I weigh 147 today. I am starting a low carb lifestyle in an effort to lose the 15 lbs I had regained, and hopefully keep them off this time! I have alot to learn, though, about low carb, cause I've never read any of the books, and this is a first. Any recommendations will be GREATLY appreciated! :help:
:wave: welcome aboard.