PDA

View Full Version : They say the scale is accurate ...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

meredith70
Thu, Apr-13-06, 07:55
Howdy fellow LCers from Texas!

Last week at my annual physical, I got the horrid news that I weighed the most I have ever weighed and was now considered overweight. In the past 9 days I have lost 6 pounds, which I attribute to 1) water weight 2) decreased calories 3) no more carbs (or very few, anyway)

Hoping to learn more from all of you!

Meredith :wave:

bkloots
Thu, Apr-13-06, 08:56
Hi, Meredith. Sorry about the wake-up call, but the good part is, you're not far from where you want or need to be.

Naturally, many of us here think Low-carb is the Final Answer. By that, I mean a way of eating for life that keeps the Weight Creep under control.

The best way IMHO is to choose a specific plan, get the book, and do it by the book. And for a long enough time to really test drive the program.

My choice is Atkins, for simplicity, clarity, history--and personal satisfaction. Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution is my bible. Several books can give you a comparative overview of different plans:
Jonny Bowden's Living the Low-Carb Life (or something like that)
Laura Richard's The Secret to Low-Carb Success

My best tip? Exercise is your new best friend.
Best wishes.

P. S. I started where you are now, and I'm AT where you want to be. ;)

Ally731
Thu, Apr-13-06, 11:42
Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot....& she's in the cubicle next to me

LMAO...That is hysterical.

meredith70
Fri, Apr-14-06, 09:06
My choice is Atkins, for simplicity, clarity, history

I couldn't agree more - yesterday I got his New Diet Revolution and am now on Day 1 of induction ...

Thank you so much for the encouragement bkloots!