PDA

View Full Version : Atkins products?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Shrinkinvi
Sun, Apr-09-06, 11:33
What is the story with these items. I used to see them in grocery stores, but no longer. Did the company go bankrupt? Can you still buy the products? Are the products any good?

Marieshops
Mon, Apr-10-06, 08:42
The Atkins products are still around. You can order them on line if your local stores have stopped carrying them. As to how good they are - that is a matter open to debate. I personally like the Advantage bars and shakes - they have a high fiber content and lots of vitamins. They come in handy when traveling or stuck without good options to eat in a rush. I would suggest you read the label of any "convience" foods you try whether they have the Atkins name on it or not to check the ingredient list to make sure you aren't eatting something you didn't intend. Good luck and congrats on your almost 20 lbs gone!

Marie

JandLsMom
Mon, Apr-10-06, 12:51
they sell them in the stores here! The shakes are great and have no sugar alcohols..the bars have a tad bit of sugar alcohols like 3g, but are yummy..i eat 1 or 2 a week. i wouldnt suggest eating them daily..you might stall. But they are nice for a treat once in a while!! Stay away from the LC chocolate bars though...just stick with protein bars and protein shakes..and only minimally!

LukeA
Mon, Apr-10-06, 14:36
Yes there are still atkins products being made. But a very large amount of the things that were made are no longer being made due to poor sales.

I personally only ever liked atkins dry cereals and corn muffin mix. Everything else was/is disgusting imho.

zorra_1
Mon, Apr-10-06, 17:34
corn muffin mix.

It was a very SAD day at my home when I used up my last Atkins corn muffin mix!!! :D I copied down the ingredients list in hopes that I could recreate it...so far all attempts have failed...miserably! :lol:

LukeA
Mon, Apr-10-06, 18:15
It was a very SAD day at my home when I used up my last Atkins corn muffin mix!!! :D I copied down the ingredients list in hopes that I could recreate it...so far all attempts have failed...miserably! :lol:

AWWW!! :lol: