PDA

View Full Version : New turtle

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jess188
Sun, Jan-06-02, 13:46
:(
I am a new member. I came off of the bc depo provera in August. On this I gained 15 pounds, and ate the same. It was only one month ago that I was able and began to lose weight. I have lost 3 pounds. I went from 149 to 146. I am 5'9" tall and my goal weight is 135. I am afraid with all the food I eat, that I will gain. The scale doesn't seem to move much. I excercise 5 days a week-elliptical and weights. Sometimes I jsut get frustrated. I am trying the CAD plan...and just hoping i will be at goal by springtime. :( :help:

razzle
Mon, Jan-07-02, 21:16
welcome, jess. So many people have that frustrating and "unfair" gain with hormones. I know that it's miserable to lose slowly, but as long as you lose some, great! I started on a moderated carb plan, too--more like CAD--but my loss halted entirely on it after a few weeks and I dropped to a PP/Atkins ketogenic approach. That helped for six months, and now I'm really turtling! But I'm also four sizes smaller than where I started, so I won't complain too loudly. It'll come off when it comes, and as long as there is no GAIN, that's a good thing.

SissyPoo
Tue, Mar-03-09, 14:49
I sure am a slow loser. I just cannot get the exercise I once did because of some health problems and guess I am just not burning up enough calories.
But as long as the pounds come off I am not going to complain if they come off slow anymore.