PDA

View Full Version : Question from a vegetarian....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

leezurd
Thu, Apr-06-06, 08:00
Hello :wave: - I am newly diagnosed type 2, and have been reading Dr Bernstein's book. Since I am a strict vegetarian, I rely on Soy products for my protein. With the exception of eating tofu, most vegetarian soy products (ie: tofu dogs, boca burges, soysage, etc...) have wheat gluten in them. Since Dr. Bernstein says to not eat any grains, I was wondering (and hoping) that wheat gluten is ok to eat. Does anyone know?

ardentluma
Thu, Apr-06-06, 11:14
You know, I am not sure about wheat gluten. Some say yes, some say no. It really depends on your body. I am sorry for your illness and I hope low-carbing will help you get better. There is a vegetarian low-carber forum in this site and they, being experienced veggie lovers, may be able to assist you better than I.

Paleoanth
Thu, Apr-06-06, 11:46
I actually don't know anything about Bernstein's plan.

Here is a site that has an explanation of what gluten is and that might help:

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/gluten.html