PDA

View Full Version : Ketos strips

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

miked1207
Wed, Apr-05-06, 17:46
Hi everyone, where are you guys getting your ketos strips? I assume it's a drug store but I've not seen them. Which section do they typically keep this type of item? Thanks for all your help. :help:

emily30
Wed, Apr-05-06, 17:55
You can either buy them on-line or find them in most pharmacies (even Walmart), usually where they keep the diabetic supplies.

supaflyak7
Thu, Apr-06-06, 02:04
Depending on where you are online might be best option. When I was working the diet last summer i used one everyday it really helps. I went on a search the last two weeks and have found them selling in clearance bins because its not profitable for them to stock them if they dont sell. At least that was what one of the phamacy techs said. Walmart and gnc up here quit carrying them but I was able to stock up on still usable ones from the clearance rack
Kersten

miked1207
Thu, Apr-06-06, 08:34
EXCELLENT, thanks everyone.

bkloots
Thu, Apr-06-06, 09:00
Costco carries Bayer Ketostix at the pharmacy.

You can sometimes find a form of keto test strip in the Weight Loss aids section at stores like Wal-Mart. But they're very expensive compared to the regular pharmacy kind.

Hint to the thrifty: you can use a sharp scissors to cut the strips in half lengthwise. Still enough of the reactive pad to see the color, but twice the mileage. Be careful to keep your fingers off the reagent pad.