PDA

View Full Version : Hi all..trying to rid post pregnancy weight

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

OhMargi
Mon, Apr-03-06, 13:08
I had a baby 8 months ago (2nd) and have the last 10 stubborn pounds to go. I feel like I look fine and could probably be happy with where I am at. But I have this closet full of clothes I'd like to wear again. :lol: I actually love to low carb. Finding good recipes is hard and I'm looking for tasty recipes and encouragment to keep me going! So that's me. :wave:

thicknfit
Mon, Apr-03-06, 14:34
There seems to be a few people that have just had little ones (within the last year or so) that are in need of weight loss. I have a heep more to loose than you do. I wonder if there is a place on the forum for new moms that are going lc? Well either way I am here to support!

Ayli
Mon, Apr-03-06, 20:30
Hi! Nice to meet you. I am also new here and trying to lose the baby weight. My baby girl (3rd baby) is 6 months old. I also dont need to lose a alot just the extra baby baggage. I'd love to have some sort of new moms support! :baby:

OhMargi
Mon, Apr-03-06, 20:46
Hi, Thanks for the warm welcome. Ayli, we seem to be in the same weight boat. I see your current weight and goal. If you want to pair up and be accountable to each other let me know.

Ayli
Mon, Apr-03-06, 21:15
I think that would be fun! I am the only one in the family LCing so I could use some good support. Especialy when I want to dig into my kids (2yr and 6yr old boys,btw) cereal in the mornings or I am watching my husband shovel his Ben & Jerrys. Really I guess it is not that hard, I love my sausage for breakfast, and have never been tooo big on ice cream. I think its more of a "wanting what I cant have" thing. One thing I honestlt miss is french fries. But the good thing for me and my family is we dont hardly EVER do the drive thru anymore and I am proud of that. Also today I put on a pair of shorts that I havent worn in a few years. It was glory! Well thanks for buddying up with me! Lookin forward to it! :D

ProfGumby
Mon, Apr-03-06, 21:30
Hello ladies!

As a guy, I cannot specifically address your concerns from experience. However can I relate to you what has worked for friends that have shared with me, and other friends I have shared this with?

Four little words can sum it up. Diet, exercise, nutrition and time.

Stick to your meal plans, if you are not getting 30 minutes of cardio every other day or so, start. If you are, great. Make sure you are not depriving your body's nutritional needs as far as vitamins and minerals go. Check with your OBGYN as to what suppliments you may specifically need. And give it time. You did not bring that beautiful child into the world overnight...losing the extra few pounds won't happen overnight either.

Also, in my experience, it is impossible to spot reduce body fat. Ya have to do the whole thing and get your metabolism up, and the fat burn really going. Eat five small meals a day, do your cardio and by all means stick to your WOE.

It will happen!

OhMargi
Tue, Apr-04-06, 10:34
Ayli, I think one of the biggest challenges is the carby food my kids eat. It's hard to prepare their meals without wanting some mac and cheese or pancakes.