PDA

View Full Version : OLD Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ThomasCGT
Sun, Apr-02-06, 11:21
Hi, I am Thomas. Started the Atkins diet n the early 70s when Eat Fat and Grow Slim came out. Then I was flying airliners for a living, but ran a small gym as a hobby.. Later, at 35, I went into gym business fiull time. There I used a low carb diet sheet for the close to 9000 members we had. The only slight difference to Atkins was that we allowed more carbs for workout energy, preferably before gym, but never at night. I found through experience, that on the Atkins diet, energy was too low for serious training unless one had a couple of cups of coffee or a shot of ephedra before gym. We had pretty well 100% success rate for those who wanted to lose fat, and they did lose it all, and kept it off. The exercise was IMPORTANT. At 68, now retired, I only eat carbs just before the daily workout, preferably apples, as they contain malonic acid (see A Cure For Cancer Hulda Clark PhD ND) or when I holiday in the tropics, then pineapple and papaya. My breakfast will start with raw milk fermented with Kefir, (better than yoghurt as it contains healthy yeasts), that then doesnt leave much carbs in the milk, then I add 3 or 4 raw egg yolks. I cook the whites in butter, (raw egg whites can cause a biotin absorption problem) I havent seen a Doc in about 30 years, except for my old training partner. I buried that Doc some time ago. (No supplements, eating all sorts of crap) Now I do research on anti aging, on myself, of course. I use Dr Chi's Fingernail and Tongue analysis for my own checkups (available at herbalhealer.com).

MercyD
Sun, Apr-02-06, 11:47
Thomas...saw your post over in M&E thread and thought I'd pop over and say welcome to our forum...it is a great place to hang out. And we real "Newbies" (LC since January) love to hear old "war" stories, etc. Mercy

ThomasCGT
Mon, Apr-03-06, 03:08
Thanks MercyD. BTW Southbeachers forum erased my message. I hope you wont. I criticised their diet. I said Clinton, on that diet, needed a bypass. Their combining of artery-clogging transfats together with healthy sat. fats for unlimited eating, is plain nutrional nonsense.

HamHox
Mon, Apr-03-06, 14:08
Tough crowd. Glad to have you here anyway, Thomas. :)

Bobi-p
Mon, Apr-03-06, 17:23
Thanks MercyD. BTW Southbeachers forum erased my message. I hope you wont. I criticised their diet. I said Clinton, on that diet, needed a bypass. Their combining of artery-clogging transfats together with healthy sat. fats for unlimited eating, is plain nutrional nonsense.

Maybe it was moved to the "War Zone", especially if you criticized something.