PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, starting Induction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DWRolfe
Sat, Jan-05-02, 21:51
Greetings to the Group! :)

I'm posting my first message as I prepare to begin Induction in two days. I'm using the time in advance to get set up, shop and prep. food.

I lost 60 lbs last year on CAD/CALP but regretfully fell off the wagon due to boredom and a significant (and wonderful) lifestyle change. Now I'm upset with myself for falling back into old, bad eating patterns, not taking care of myself, and regaining all the weight plus more. Everything else in my life in great and under control....my WOE is now the big challenge.

I'm looking forward to participating in the group and leqrning from your experiences...especially through Induction!

Thanks in advance for your support and participation! :D

alto
Sat, Jan-05-02, 22:29
Hi, DW. Welcome! You've certainly got a good, firm, positive attitude -- I think that's half the battle. AND you've had success with low carb before, which is a good indication you'll have success again. I'll look forward to reading about your progress -- good luck, and post often.

tlcdoula
Sat, Jan-05-02, 23:31
Good Evening DW,

Welcome to the group, I just joined a couple of days ago and love it here. Everyone is so supportive.. I have had many tries on low carb and my first was awesome, I lost 40 lbs in about 6 months and felt so energized when I was on plan. However I gave up many times and said I was just going to maintain but that never really stuck for long. Then I would get stressed out and WHAM would gain back more. I gained back about half of it.. and then tried low fat/calorie counting.. this didn't work at all. After 4 months I had not lost anything and was starving all the time.. which is why I started atkins again for good. I am not going to blow it this time... :daze:

The most important thing for me is to go through my cabinets and get rid of my snacky foods, of course I have to leave the kids and dhs there but not mine. I also go shopping and buy a bunch of veggies, meat - chicken breasts, bacon, a couple steaks... what have you.. some whip cream, and light cream for my tea... and some sugar free jello, this is my treat when I feel like I want to cheat. I also have protein shake mixes and some sugar free syrups which help me when I'm in a big hurry in the morning or am feeling under the weather..

Best wishes,, and my hats off to you for having such a great positive attitude.. :wave:

Tawnya

agonycat
Sun, Jan-06-02, 05:01
Welcome aboard DW!

If there is anything you need feel free to ask. If you haven't done so pop over and start a journal. This will help you in keeping track of day to day eating patterns, excercise routines etc.

Plus you will have tons of support from others of the forum.

:)

lauraW
Sun, Jan-06-02, 09:02
Morning everyone..

Welcome DW, and good luck on starting back on plan. I am just starting Day 6 today..and am amazed that I feel so much better. Its not just that I have lost 4 pounds..but I physically feel better..I am not tired or lethargic like I used to be..what a difference it has made. I wish you all the luck and support you need..keep posting and let us know how you are doing!

Laura ;)

DWRolfe
Sun, Jan-06-02, 10:07
Thank you for the encouragement! Even better than waking up this morning and finding your thoughtful notes is checking out your successful stats!

I'm really looking forward to starting tomorrow morning. Now I'm off to Costco to buy supplies! :wave:

Best wishes to all!

EllieEats
Sun, Jan-06-02, 16:03
Welcome and Best Wishes to you, DW!!!!

Hope to see more of you around the forum!

Good attitude!!! (that really counts!!)

HAPPY LOCARBING!!
Ellie :wave:

katgurl
Sat, Oct-18-03, 07:03
Welcome :)

This forum is wonderfully supportive and informative.

And as for your attitude, I love it!

Good luck...this WOE is amazing, isn't it?

My mother is going to start tomorrow :D