PDA

View Full Version : Newbie on day 2

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

missesbee
Wed, Mar-29-06, 13:32
Hi everyone, my name is Lisa and I just started my low carb diet two days ago. I'm hungry and I am craving sugar like crazy. I am obviously not eating enough. Yesterday I ate 12g of carbs and less than 600 calories total for the day. I only get in 2 meals a day cuz I'm not up for breakfast. I had 2 scrambled eggs w/2slices of bacon for lunch, then a salad with cucumber, shredded mozzarella cheese and oil&vinegar dressing for dinner. I work 3-11pm so I'm up around noon and in bed around 3am. My problem is that I get so hungry after 11pm. Is it okay to eat that late?

Laydebleu
Wed, Mar-29-06, 13:45
First welcome to the forum and to your new way of eating.

Have you read Dr. Atkin's book? If not I recommend you do so it is full of very important information on how this way of eating works. You should be eating about 20 carbs a day for the first 2 weeks (induction) and most of your carbs should come from veggies. I think your calories are too low as well. If you eat some fat it will help curb your cravings.. but it is very important to follow the rules for induction for the first two weeks. You can get the rules in Dr. Atkin's book or on the Atkin's website.

I don't think eating that late would be a problem for you seeing as you don't go to bed until 3 am. You could always eat your light meal before bedtime. Just don't eat and go right to sleep.

I wish you great success in your weight loss journey.

JaneDough
Wed, Mar-29-06, 13:59
What Ladyebleu said.

You really need to work in breakfast . It doesn't have to be big, but it gets your engine burning like you wouldn't believe and helps distribute your food more efficiently. Could you stomach a boiled egg and tea? A few weeks into OWL you might try berries or melon. I think it would also help you control hunger throughout the day. Welcome aboard. :)

sirlarry
Wed, Mar-29-06, 17:01
Welcome :wave: Glad to have you with us! Don't forget to start your journal.

missesbee
Thu, Mar-30-06, 11:19
I have read a lot about Atkins on the website and I've been following the diet strictly. Today is day 3 and I feel a little better today. Last night I told my husband I didn't think I would be able to do this diet because I was craving carbs so bad and felt so lifeless, BUT my sugar craving is not as bad as it was yesterday. I did get up and eat breakfast this morning. I had a boiled egg and hot tea with splenda. I've been keeping a journal, noting everything I eat and keeping track of the day's carbs and calories. I think eating several smaller meals will work better for me. I am hanging in there. Thanks for all the replies and support.

bigmercy
Thu, Mar-30-06, 14:47
You gotta hang in there! If you can make it past the craving phase it gets a lot easier. Your body is going through sugar withdrawals right now but once you get past them your body doesn't drive you to eat them anymore. Trust me! I never thought I could go to a pizza party with out eating some until I got on Atkins... It works.

Go for 14 days and then check your weight you will be convince.

Oh and I recommend only wieghing yourself once a week.

missesbee
Mon, Apr-03-06, 12:03
I was weighing daily and got really discouraged. I dropped 4 lbs by Thursday, then Friday I had gained it all back. So when I weighed myself yesterday I was suprised that I had lost 8lbs. Today I'm still down 8lbs, so that's enough motivation for me. And no more jumping on the scale every day. I'll weigh myself every MOnday morning. I've lost a little over a pound a day. And the sugar cravings aren't nearly as bad as they were. Sometimes at night I still have them, but nothing like the first day or two.